Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's some of my finds from the foundation down the road from my house.? There's garbage everywhere so I'm pretty frustrated with digging there.? It is also built on a spring and it's a muddy mess.? I need one more brass spherical object (I know there's a joke there somewhere. ;))? to make a complete set.? The dime was in all that mess and was about 3 inches down.?

I'll try it again in a couple of weeks when I forget how irritated I was detecting there.

Haupin

Attachments

• merc1928obv.jpg
    merc1928obv.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 211
  • merc1928rev.jpg
    merc1928rev.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 257
  • wohlersfoundation.jpg
    wohlersfoundation.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

Dirty Knees McGee

May 5, 2005
Sunny Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ 6.5x9, 9x12, & EXcelerator 10x14 DD coils
Hey, any day you find a Merc is a good day in my book. Appears to be in great shape. Having only found a few mercs, I would be pretty happy! :D HH

OP
OP
Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks. I wasn't necessarily annoyed with my finds...I was just irritated at the site. There were thorn apple branches at eye level....briars catching my coil....and lots of mud. The branches kept pulling my headphones off. The mud was ankle deep. :(

I was excited with the dime. It's so pretty...and I'm so proud!

Haupin

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As irritating as it sounds, I'd head back there. Get all that junk out of the ground, and I'll bet you'll find a few more nice coins to add to that sweet Merc! Maybe wait until fall when it's not so overgrown and less mud??? But I would definetly get back there. Good luck, and HH!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with treasurekidd, if you will be patient you will eventually clear out the junk and find the good stuff!!! HH

OP
OP
Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The brass knobs are finials from a brass bed. I'm sure I'll find the fourth one.......there....somewhere.....in the mud! :) Thanks for the nice replies. See.... I've already forgotton how annoyed I was..now I'm thinking about going back. Thanks.

F

Floater

Haupin Very nice. I think that car is pretty neat too. It looks like a jeep Wagoneer? Ive only been finding Clad . My demo sites are really junked out. I,m still going though. Keep at it. If you found silver,there has to be more.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread