My "cache" find

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "cache" find

Just wanted to tell about my big "cache"find. About two weeks ago I was detecting at one of our local parks. I was next to a soccer field detecting around some big oak trees when I got a coin signal. I moved some leaves and started to find coins on top of the ground. Some were under a thin layer of dust and leaves. I never had to dig at all. I ended up finding 30 coins, all within a square foot radius. They had been there for a while because they had corroded. They were all pennies, nickels and dimes and only one quarter. None of them were old. This may not be an official cache find but I still had fun finding them.

Huntin' 59er

Upvote 0

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My "cache" find

That many coins, all in one small spot sound like a cache to me. Nice score, hope you get another on soon! HH!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find on the "cache". I dont mind finding those as they are so easy to recover!! HH

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Nice find,That is alot more fun then diggin clad one by one all day long.HH

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Nice find,That is alot more fun then diggin clad one by one all day long.HH,i HOPE THIS POST ONCE,FOLKS AHEAD OF ME

RI-JenW

Feb 23, 2005
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Finds ;D

Attachments

• piggy_bank2.gif
    piggy_bank2.gif
    31.5 KB · Views: 422
B

Broncox Vernon BC

Nothing like a loose pocket, I love finding those easy digs!
Broncox

Aucadet

Greenie
Aug 23, 2004

Just as "Oak Island " site was found, look overhead and see if a Pinata was used on your site. The kids go for the candy and neglect the coins the parents have thoughtfully included as Sir"prizes".
Aucadet

R

rvbvetter

Sounds like a cache to me. WTG!! HH

I'd like to hang my neighbors kid from that tree.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Sounds like a great cache to me. Nothing better than finding lose change no matter if it's down deep or on the top surface. Keep up the great detecting.

B

Broncox Vernon BC

Aucadet said:
Just as "Oak Island " site was found, look overhead and see if a Pinata was used on your site. The kids go for the candy and neglect the coins the parents have thoughtfully included as Sir"prizes".
Aucadet
I remember Oak Island !, seen a show years ago called "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy.
Wasen't that somewhere in NFLD or Labrador .....always intrigued me.......
Broncox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread