Medal

P

PrizmIV

I DIDNT DIG THIS UP so dont all go getting mad and accusing me of stuff lol. Any way, I bought this at a flea market its authentic I know that. But I have no idea of what it is or value. Bought it for an easy $10!!!! If any of yall speak German, on the front it says DER DEUTSCHEN MUTTHER. I do know this MUTTHER is German for Mother so theres something. Also the signature on the back is Adolf Hitler!!! Thats why i think it may be worth some $$$ ;D . Anyways, it sure is a nice medal to add to the collection of stuff. Any info is aprreciated!!!! HH Jonathan

Upvote 0

Michael in SC

May 16, 2005
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
It could be a WWII German Mothers Medal.? If I remember correctly, they were given out in several degrees for having children.? ? Something like bronze for 2-3, silver for 4-5, gold for 6+ and for more than eight you got gold in a presentation case.?

From? http://www.germaniainternational.com/nsdap7.html? DESCRIPTION: "Here is what is considered the most beautiful of German medals. The Mother?s Cross that was given to recognize and honor this the most important office of the Fatherland, (The Mother). Adolf Hitler instituted this on 16 December 1938. This is the first-class award that was presented for bearing eight or more children. Unlike the two lower classes, this award in gold (gilted) was presented in a hard presentation case. The award was worn suspended from a neck ribbon. It should be noted that this design is the Christian cross. The back of the cross has the words ?16 Dec 1938,? and Hitler?s facsimile signature. The front says? ?Der Deutschen Mutter (?The German Mother?). Several companies manufactured these medals. This one is by the famous firm of Wilhelm Daumer in L?densheid. These continue to be more and more scarce with case. "

Michael in SC

OP
OP
P

PrizmIV

I see that that gold one with case is $198!!! vSo I imagine mine is around $100!!!!!!!! Im so happy thank you!!

R

rvbvetter

Hey! Wait a minute! That doesn't look dug to me. WTG!! HH

OP
OP
P

PrizmIV

LOL No Comment. Befor I know it they will say thats not even mine :D . Just Kidden HH Jonathan

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Awesome find! And ya didnt even have to use up them batteries to get it! lol Its amazing how some people just dont know what they have and sell it, or maybe they know and are desperate for money. Guess ya got a sharp eye, great find. Good luck on your next hunt, be it in the ground or at the flea market!! :)

OP
OP
P

PrizmIV

I forgot to post pictures (WOW IM DUMB!!!) Here they are!

Attachments

• medal.jpg
    medal.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 266
  • medal2.jpg
    medal2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 236
R

rvbvetter

Voondahvah!! NIENE !! Yoo deednt deeg thees! Teell de trooth! Vwe hav vways uv meakun yoo tauk!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great find!!! Be it with a detector, or not...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

R

rvbvetter

Pirate; Prizm knows i'm just kiddin. It's just in reference to something previously on the forum.
No harm intended. Have a great day! HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The German Mother" Adolph rewarded German women for having many children to populate his Third Reich. Many young women bore children with Waffen SS troops who were hand picked for Ariean features.The women were rewarded for doing their duty for the Fatherland. How warped is that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread