Gregorys Jan. and Feb. keepers, 2008 starting nicely.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gregory's Jan. and Feb. keepers, 2008 starting nicely.

Greetings from old Santa Fe! Took the MXT out for a spin with the 6x10 DD coil. Hit an old
neighborhood park, got a penny/dime-ish signal at 4 inches ( disc. is maxed and gain at 10 to +1)
pulled out a 62 rosie . I sure do enjoy the look of silver against the dark soil. A while later i dug
another dimey signal at one inch or so and found a silver charm in the form of a small baseball
(aprox. 1 half inch in diameter). Todays finds = 62 rosie, sterling charm, and 7 bucks clad. Totals
for the new year= 3 rosies(46,58,62), 3 sterling rings, 1sterling charm, and 80 bucks clad.
Again i apologise for no pics yet, i'll get a camera soon. Fantastic hunting to all!

Gregory, Santa Fe.

Upvote 0

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Re: Gregory's Jan. and Feb. keepers, 2008 starting nicely.

Hey Gregory... way to go.

Do you prefer the DD search coil to the 9 1/2 ?

I got my MXT out yesterday and am just waiting for better weather here in Ohio.

I used to live in Santa Fe a few years ago... on S. Meadows near Airport Road. Really enjoyed the area. Still have a bunch of friends living there.

Thanks for sharing

HH

Sanat

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great find. Getting a silver too. :) :)

Thank you for Sharing.

Stryker

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sanat, Thanks for your note. I do prefer the DD coil, it's my understanding that they tend to
be more stable than the concentrics in both trashy settings and highly mineralised ground. I'm told
they give up a bit of depth but when you consider the "broadband" of detection, compared to the
diminishing cone shaped detection of concentric coils, the DD should locate more. Keep in mind
these are the musings of a newbie and to be fair, i really have not worked enough with my 950
or my new super 12. I've seen lots of positive comment on the 5.3, and the 6x4 DD as well
the bottom line seems to be, a few different coils, for different environments.

Blessings, Gregory, Santa Fe.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Man, you really had an impressive day. That's a ton of holes and plenty to show for it. Keep swinging and posting those finds. Can't wait to see your pics.

Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread