MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I went to my old middle school tonight around 7:15pm Hunted until around 8:15pm. I started in coin mode, and found some pennies and a dime or two. Then Switched to all metal mode found a bunch of foil and some broken pencils. I also found a zipper, a peice of sculpting wire and 0.35 in clad. For the good find, my first piece of silver. It is I think a hair clip thing that fits around small braids it says 925 PC on the inside. I am very happy I found this, not worth much but its silver!! Oh, the silver read as a PT and I also found another hair clip but its old and cheep and I broke it in half, woops.

Here is the picture of my finds!
HH!!

Attachments

• middleschool 002.jpg
    middleschool 002.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 597
  • middleschool 003.jpg
    middleschool 003.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Mud, Congrats on your first silver! Woulda liked to have seen it though. I couldn't open it for some reason.

HH 8) surfrat96

R

rvbvetter

Congrats on your silver! Silver rings will usually register more towards penny and dime and higher. Depending on the size of the ring. WTG!! HH

M

mattjd

I knew you'd get silver soon enough. Just go to a older site like a old house site to find silver coinage. HH Matt

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Hey cool MUD! nice find, its great to find silver isnt it? I just found my first couple rings and ohh what a feeling. Im sure you were pretty amped when you found it huh? Thanks for the post ,pic, and your fine description of your going on's. Have a good one and good luck on your next hunt! :)

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the replies and congratulations, so far. Yea I was happy when I found the silver. It turns out it is a ear ring for the top part of the ear, it just clips on. My best friends girl friend has one. I am learning my machine everytime I use it. I thought silver jewelry showed up as PT's, did in this case.

Thanks again,
HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 487
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 488

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks like those finds are starting to roll in now mud! congrats on the silver! i am still looking for a silver ring myself. great finds!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the silver!!!
I wish I knew were rings ID'ed at... I have only found a few, and they all have seemed to ID differently...
I guess different types of metal, size, shape, and the way it's orianted in the ground has a lot to do with it...
I've only found one .925 silver ring, it rang in like a quarter at 2" deep, all the rest were gold plate, or some little cheapy things...
Good luck & happy hunting~

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Glad to hear you found a first. Congrats. Maybe this is a sign of finds to come. WTG. Silver is always a nice find, no matter what size.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your replies. It is small but who cares. ITS SILVER !! It has little dolphins on it. I like dolphins, I scuba dive I would love to scuba dive with dolphins. I wish more people would respond to my posts. Come people say anything! Rings ID from PTs for the small rings and Quarters for the bigger ones.
But can come in as anything really.

Thanks for lookin and postin. HH!!

Attachments

• silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 408
  • silverbars.jpg
    silverbars.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 408
F

Floater

Hey Mud, Cool find. I thought it was a toe ring when I first saw it. I couldnt figure out how it could be a clip for hair ???.Then again i,m not really a hip kinda guy. The only earing I have is my single stud for my ear.( Which I havent worn in twenty years.) Anyway really nice. That silver feels good too. HH

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Yup I was gonna say it was an ear cuff but I see you allready figured it out. Glad to see you are getting better with your MD.
Now go back over the places you first started at. I fixed my old MD up with a 12" coil [heavy I dont like it but it works] went back over part of my yard and still found stuff I had missed LOL.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still live in the town where I grew up and when I find some things at the school I wonder who lost it and when and if I knew them....Sets off all kinds of fond memories of my childhood. Does it affect you that way?

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,

JimMileo, it effects me that way for sure.
Bigrig, like I said silver is silver, happy I got any.
Its a batch, badger.

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 297
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 294

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions