Found my first coin!

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, I found my first coin!

I was planning to work a little late before I had to be somewhere at 7:30, but as I read Free2Detect's posts on all his great finds, I thought, "I should go hunting!"

My first stop was a grassy place under a bridge. It's sorta of a little city park and lots of people are there on and off. So, I thought why not. I found these two little rocks that kept registering as metal, but they don't feel or look like metal and their not subject to the magnet, I dunno what they are. I found a couple of pieces of garbage. Finally kids were following me around so I left.

I went to the local school playground, where oddly there were no kids. That's where I found it my first penny! A 1980 no less!

Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Congrats on the first penny find. Don't let the kids bother you unless it is in a bad area. I find most of the kids are just curious about what your doin and will ask a million questions. Keep up the MDin and if possible lets see some photos of your finds.

R

rvbvetter

One small cent to find One large cent for the first find WTG!! HH

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
It will only get better from here! Looking forward to your next post, good luck on your next hunt, have a good'n! :)

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !!!! On the the first of many. Keep it up and soon you have a collection of them........as far as the kids they are just curious, share the knowledge of what you are doing, with the parents permission of course and answer their questions for they are ?the next generation of Treasure hunters.......

B

Broncox Vernon BC

Congrats on your first coin!!!!!!! 8)
I use the same machine as you do...........have had it since the middle of march.
I usually hunt in jewelery mode, and the sensitivity around 4-5 bars, at first dig everything, thats how you learn what your machine is telling you, Hope that helps you out some.Good luck!
This is some of what I found from the middle of March to the end of April
HH
Broncox

Attachments

• allclad430 05.JPG
    allclad430 05.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 304
  • allclad430 05.JPG
    allclad430 05.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 2005_04300015.JPG
    2005_04300015.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 2005_04300026.JPG
    2005_04300026.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 250

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on your first!!!
I'm sure there will br many more to come...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on you're first coin. There will be many more to come. Don't worry about the kids, infact they could be a help as to other places to hunt. Keep it up and Happy Hunting. Joe

P

PrizmIV

CONGRATS for both of yall. I know a way to get kids away. Say, you want a piece of candy and go have a ride in my car?!?! ::) JUST KIDDIN!!! ;D HH Jonathan

U

uncdoormatt

then we are tied but mine was 1887 indian head. At least you have a good machine i have a discovery 1100

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to start it!! My first was a 1975 maple leaf penny. 2 minutes later I was digging up another penny and a clad dime. Not too shabby for five minutes of swinging. Now I'm hooked!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first coin was a penny in my own front yard. As many times as I have gone over my yard I can still find a penny or two! Keep at it and don't give up. I have a little park down the street from my house and go there often. The kids are use to seeing me and mostly ignore me now. I heard one of them asking Mom if he could have a detector for Christmas. I casually told Mom were to get one for less than a couple hundred bucks and next year me and the kid may be in competition!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread