Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

After a pretty good day yesterday, I figured I would take the day off and relax..I had no idea where I was going to since I hunted so many places to death multiple times since the year began. I started out with a couple of schools I hadn't been to for a while and found a Sacagawea dollar and a nice metal bookmark by the monkey bars, with a few quarters and dimes here and there. There wasn't much else since the weather over the last few weeks was either too cold or too wet. Even when the days in between were nice, the kids won't use the playgrounds if they're too wet or muddy.

There was this one school (probably developed in the 70's) I hunted some years ago, but I only tried the tot lot and side of the school where some playground equipment was located. This time I decided to try the main field in back.

The grounds behind the school was quite large, but the thick grass I remember during the warmer months way back when was much easier to dig through since the growing season hasn't yet begun.

I began pulling up dimes, then quarters, and before long I found a good sized ring. As I rubbed the mud off some of the gold color began to come off on my fingers >:( You don't often find a real gold ring at an elementary school, so I wasn't really surprised it was costume.

Then the quarters started to come! At one point, it was as if someone had a bucket of change and started throwing it all over the place! I didn't have my pouch so I put all the coins in my right pocket..by the time I was ready to go I could hardly walk straight..I ended up with 2 more rings (one was silver) and 172 coins total for the entire morning (54 quarters, 41 dimes, 9 nickels, 64 pennies, 1 Canadian cent, 1 Sac dollar, one Kennedy half and a 1952 silver Rosie) for a total of $20.30. I found the silver dime at the end when I was ready to leave and was surprised to find it..I thought that was the icing on the cake right there!

WOW4.jpg

The first ring I found is the one on the left..I thought it was real for a moment!

WOW8.jpg

Some of the schoolyard finds were a part of a heavy silver chain, a butterfly bookmark, a dog tag, a flattened penny, some buttons, a pendant and a keychain that flashes on and off and says "SAKURA - BEST FRIEND ROBOT".
WOW3.jpg

WOW5.jpg

The second ring I found (.925 silver) says "TRUE LOVE WAITS". It was on top of the ground and I saw it just as my coil passed over it!

WOW7.jpg

Twenty bucks in change was an incredible amount for one morning!

WOW6.jpg

A little variety adds to the spice of MDing life! These were welcome sights.

WOW1.jpg

The '52 Rosie was a good way to end my day.

I was sure I broke my personal quarter record for a day but I tied it (54). I found 120 of 'em in the last 3 hunts!

Hope you all had a good weekend, mine was so great (even though I can hardly move)! And for you guys/gals still waiting for the big thaw, your time is coming, so hang in there!

Nat

Upvote 0

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Nat.. Looks like you had another outstanding day at school.

Can't believe your weather though. Snow in St. Louis? Kinda makes you wonder what happened to the seasons. Seems like it's winter, then summer, then winter again. What happened to spring and fall?

A few more hauls like this last one, and you won't have to wait for fall to get that guitar. Keep at it! :thumbsup:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't get much better than that Nat. :thumbsup: That is a truckload...AND you topped it off with silver :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions