Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

After a pretty good day yesterday, I figured I would take the day off and relax..I had no idea where I was going to since I hunted so many places to death multiple times since the year began. I started out with a couple of schools I hadn't been to for a while and found a Sacagawea dollar and a nice metal bookmark by the monkey bars, with a few quarters and dimes here and there. There wasn't much else since the weather over the last few weeks was either too cold or too wet. Even when the days in between were nice, the kids won't use the playgrounds if they're too wet or muddy.

There was this one school (probably developed in the 70's) I hunted some years ago, but I only tried the tot lot and side of the school where some playground equipment was located. This time I decided to try the main field in back.

The grounds behind the school was quite large, but the thick grass I remember during the warmer months way back when was much easier to dig through since the growing season hasn't yet begun.

I began pulling up dimes, then quarters, and before long I found a good sized ring. As I rubbed the mud off some of the gold color began to come off on my fingers >:( You don't often find a real gold ring at an elementary school, so I wasn't really surprised it was costume.

Then the quarters started to come! At one point, it was as if someone had a bucket of change and started throwing it all over the place! I didn't have my pouch so I put all the coins in my right pocket..by the time I was ready to go I could hardly walk straight..I ended up with 2 more rings (one was silver) and 172 coins total for the entire morning (54 quarters, 41 dimes, 9 nickels, 64 pennies, 1 Canadian cent, 1 Sac dollar, one Kennedy half and a 1952 silver Rosie) for a total of $20.30. I found the silver dime at the end when I was ready to leave and was surprised to find it..I thought that was the icing on the cake right there!

WOW4.jpg

The first ring I found is the one on the left..I thought it was real for a moment!

WOW8.jpg

Some of the schoolyard finds were a part of a heavy silver chain, a butterfly bookmark, a dog tag, a flattened penny, some buttons, a pendant and a keychain that flashes on and off and says "SAKURA - BEST FRIEND ROBOT".
WOW3.jpg

WOW5.jpg

The second ring I found (.925 silver) says "TRUE LOVE WAITS". It was on top of the ground and I saw it just as my coil passed over it!

WOW7.jpg

Twenty bucks in change was an incredible amount for one morning!

WOW6.jpg

A little variety adds to the spice of MDing life! These were welcome sights.

WOW1.jpg

The '52 Rosie was a good way to end my day.

I was sure I broke my personal quarter record for a day but I tied it (54). I found 120 of 'em in the last 3 hunts!

Hope you all had a good weekend, mine was so great (even though I can hardly move)! And for you guys/gals still waiting for the big thaw, your time is coming, so hang in there!

Nat

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dream Day At A Dream School

Does your back hurt? alot better than my day good job.

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe

20 bucks in change, thats enough to fill up my Prius!
Good job! and some rings and silver to boot!
HH,
Donny

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250

Dude thats a boat load of stuff, how long did it take you to find all of that

S

seger98

Man you just keep knockin' it out... WTG

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

See.....I told you to go back out today!! "Nah, I've hunted everything to death, no place for me to go.....I want to let them build up....wah, wah! :'( :'(

Now you will listen to me when I tell you something! ;D

You had an awesome day Nattie, I'm not telling you to go out tomorrow though, you should probably go to work instead!

You did so good with the keepers too! I think you are the only detectorist in your area. Your clad pulls are awesome! Congrats on another great day!

HH,
Moon

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

I got that same ring (true love can wait)at lake sommerville in the water last summer, Nice bunch of finds

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

That is a great day! Lots of $$ and silver mixed in.

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

aa battery said:
Does your back hurt?

Actually it's not doing too bad..tomorrow morning may be a different story :-\

jc in culpeper said:
Dude thats a boat load of stuff, how long did it take you to find all of that

An entire morning.

Moonshadow said:
See.....I told you to go back out today!! "Nah, I've hunted everything to death, no place for me to go.....I want to let them build up....wah, wah! :'( :'(

Now you will listen to me when I tell you something! ;D

Moon you inspired me to go out today so thank you! I had to really think last night and I'm telling you I had absolutely no game plan..I hate driving around aimlessly, wondering where to go..it was only this morning as I was coming back from one of the schools I remembered that school..I actually made an illegal U-turn, went through a shopping center parking lot, made a left onto the main road and headed for that school..it was just one of those last minute things where you hope things will work out. I was really lucky.

TEXAN Connection said:
I got that same ring (true love can wait)at lake sommerville in the water last summer, Nice bunch of finds

Thanks Texan..my wife said that was the theme mentioned at our church during Valentine's week..maybe it was lost around that time since it wasn't buried yet.

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Yep Natman...

It was a dream day in St. Louis today...

Unfortunately was stuck doing all the stuff that the wife's been "dreaming" about getting done... ;D

Unreal....75 today and freezing rain, sleet and snow for the next two days...

Congratulations on a STELLAR outing...Great job on the Roosie...

Way to Dig,

Nick

Thanks Nick, yeah I'm going to have to start getting back to the things I've been putting off beginning immediately ;D My son came down a while ago and gave me the weather report..what a weird winter this has been..I keep forgetting it's not over yet..

Thanks y'all for the replies.

Nat

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well you did a lot of diggin'! Great finds and congrats on the silver!

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

Man you are killing them down there with all the finds. Your killing me too, I'm so green with envy Natman. Your going to make me skip work and hit all the tot-lots tomorrow.

harry..

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks Ken and Digger..

I_Dig_NYC said:
Man you are killing them down there with all the finds. Your killing me too, I'm so green with envy Natman. Your going to make me skip work and hit all the tot-lots tomorrow.

harry..

Thanks Harry, I'm sure the school never had a coil sweep over it until I came along..it wasn't an old school and there was just so much to find. I didn't want to leave but the place wore me out. I'll probably go back when the kids are on summer break to see what else I can find.

Nat

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006

Wow over $20 bucks in clad and a nice dose of silver.Don't you wish all hunts were like that!

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark

Man ! Your definately workin' on another excellent year of diggin'.Excellent finds and nice variety.HH....Panz

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome hunt Nat.
Looks like you got it in just in time. I heard you guys are getting snow again now. Crazy weather.
Congrats to you. You're going to break last years ring total for sure.
-MM-

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL

What a great day! Love the "love" ring. Man o' man, I also love to dig up quarters. WTG

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good huntin' Nat. We just got popped here with an inch of ice and have 5 inches of snow on the way. No hunbting for me again.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Hey Nat,

You did very well!!! That's a lot of clad. Congrats on your silver finds too!!
A really good day to remember!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread