Silver Coins, Swastika Token, Jewelry Token, Toilet Token...

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello fellow T'netters,

I was waiting to find enough items to share with you, while reading/enjoying everyone's posts (Some really good finds made :o) Well, a week and a half later, I finally have enough to post. I have a couple unique one-time finds for myself. One of them is the large jewelry token from Kay's Jewelers. It's the size of a silver dollar, and was only an inch under the surface. It's redeemable for $10 on any purchase of $50 dollars or more at their stores. The other is a swastika token which reads "Geo.A.Hunter Swastika Los Angeles" on the obverse and "1 1/2 cents If Deposited In Specifiied Bank Within 6 Months After Receipt". If anyone has any other info on this token, please let me know. The dark coin at the top of my first pic is a foreign coin which dates 1897. Not sure what country this coin is from though.

Almost forgot. I got a few silver coins also, along with a handful of wheaties, a toilet token, and my smallest sterling religious pendant to date. So, all in all, not a bad week and a half, considering all of these goodies came from heavily Explorer'ed parks.

Thanks for looking. Keep those good finds coming!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2381.JPG
    IMG_2381.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,658
  • SwastikaToken.jpg
    SwastikaToken.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,751
  • JewelryToken.jpg
    JewelryToken.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Foreign1897.jpg
    Foreign1897.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Upvote 0

mark43

Apr 8, 2007
Peru, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 whites m6
hey, we have a kay jewelers here where i live ................n.e. new york..........plattsburgh.............in our mall..........should call them. maybe they can give you some info. or give you the home office or something......(518)561-8805............hope this helps if you persue it...........mark43

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are fantastic finds ! Your pictures are excellent !

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Great silvers, Sharp quarter! K Jewelers is still in business. They get their jewelry from cheap sources (worst place to get jewelry). Believe it or not Kmart is the Place to get Jewelry they get it from Italy.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You amaze me with the silver you dig! The dark coin looks like a Russian 1/2 Kopek. The swastika token dates before 1938. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks, davest. Yes, Kay's is still doing business.
Thanks, Mark43, for your info.
Thanks, MUD(S.W.A.T) and mojjax.
Thanks, Mike, for your info on my 1/2 Kopek coin and swastika token.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Bavaria Mike said:
You amaze me with the silver you dig! The dark coin looks like a Russian 1/2 Kopek. The swastika token dates before 1938. HH, Mike

Nice "stuff as usual capt. I think Mike has nailed the dark coin. Not many countrys use cyrillic letters.

"may there always be a road"

Les

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Nice variety Dan, you are a magnet for mutulated silver! There absolutely are Kay jeweler stores out here in NYC. Cool token variety.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn, once again, great finds!!! Whats the deal with cut coins? If i'm not mistaken, that has to be at least number 3 or 4 if not more?? None the less, congrats and HH!!

Hal

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Les. Appreciate your response.

Thanks. Ricardo...Yeah, I get a lot of mangled silver in my local parks here. The lawnmowers do a number on them.

Thanks, Hal. 3 or 4? Yeah, 3 or 4 silvers this year....Last year I found over 30 clipped silver coins, and 100's of clipped wheaties. Over 90% of my detecting is in parks. All of our parks here in S. CA are mowed weekly, and they have been for over 40-50 years. Lots of chances for coins to get clipped with that frequency.

HH,
DAN
CAPTN SE

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome finds Captn ;) I always check out your post ! congrats ;D

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice week indeed! (I'm glad you left parts of that clipped dime for the rest of us to find :D)

Take care & HH!

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow ! Nice finds as usual. I;ll have to admit the swastika just never keeps failing to resurface. As for that toilet token I could sure see that comin' in handy, I;ve been out there a few times detectin' I coulda used it lol.HH...Panz

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Big Dan.
Man, when you post, you do it in style. ;) Great looking tokens, and fantastic job on the big silver!
Cool looking Swastika token.
Congrats Dan.
-Doug-

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Dan, congrats on the silver and other artifacts. It is good to know that you are still out and swinging with an extreme fever. I hope you hit 500 this year, man!

Kirk and I got out to the "Old Colonial Road" yesterday and chiseled out every target. :D There was 4 inches of snow on the ground, causing extreme snow blindness. :D We both got sunburns on our cheeks and jibs. :D

Keep the fever high, my friend!

Kyle

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, Dan, my good buddy 'ole pal, how ya doing? :) :D I just got back from work and had to stop in at Tnet for a little bit. It sure was nice to see some good finds being posted lately. I see that you are still striking and kicking some Royal be-hind! You are definitely a detectorist who knows how to dig good coins.

Kyle is correct, indeed. We got out on Sunday to the "Old Colonial Road" and I chiseled out 5 targets. One of them was a Colonial button and the 4 others were garrrrrbage. LMAO :D Oh, I also got a severe burn on my face...the sun was reflecting off the snow and hitting me on the jib. :D

Keep it real, my buddy! Also, keep the passion high! :)

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions