ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
fla state archie's to dig at fort san carlos --fernandina, fla --this sat. 1-3

local paper noted that local fla state archie types will be doing a dig this saturday -- public welcome 1 to 3 pm --- you park at fort clinch ( it cost to enter the park -- $5 --I think) after parking they will bus you by tram over to the dig site --- I going to check it out besides I want a bit of "face" time to explain a few things and hopefully chat with them in person about stuff -- my shipwreck off the southern end of the Island for one.

Upvote 0

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Re: fla state archie's to dig at fort san carlos --fernandina, fla --this sat. 1

Be careful how much you tell them, or the next time they might be digging your wreck!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: fla state archie's to dig at fort san carlos --fernandina, fla --this sat. 1-3

them stealing the wreck out from under me with me gettting zip for the "find" ain't happening --- if so a lawsuit is in the works count on it --- I have already reveled the wrecksite "offically" to the state and have dated proof of when I did --- and have claimed the wrecksite already with the state*** but they will not issue any salvage / recovery type permits -- their stalling me -- the state archie types are saying its a in "protected" aquatic preserve area thus "no" for profit harvest permits can / will be issued only non profit research permits (where universitys and the state keep all the stuff found ).-- if they keep screwing around -- I'll go "public" full bore with the info.--- to allow non profeits to work the wreck but not for profeits is blantant discrimation against "for profeit" salvors.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: fla state archie's to dig at fort san carlos --fernandina, fla --this sat. 1-3

Let us know what you find Ivan. Here is hoping it's treasure. Wooohooo!

Terry
SKD
WeDigOhio

FlatCat

Feb 23, 2008
Palm Bay, Florida, USA
Detector(s) used
White's
Re: fla state archie's to dig at fort san carlos --fernandina, fla --this sat. 1

ivan salis said:
I have already reveled the wrecksite "offically" to the state and have dated proof of when I did --- and have claimed the wrecksite already with the state*** but they will not issue any salvage / recovery type permits -- their stalling me --

You have set the machine in motion. The beauracracy has awoken. BEWARE! :o

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

how esle can I legally salvage a shallow water (but under sand) wrecksite that if you tried to work illegally ( not that I would --not my style) would be easily seen and visible by nearby shore based state park folks and would only lead to arrest? --- plus any attempt to do any illegal salvage would lead to loss of my claim and any rights plus lots of legal problems which I don't need --I like to do my stuff legally and above board anyway. --- there has to be a legal way to get to the site other than the non profiet route.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Sounds like its time to start a non profit research company, Ivan. :D

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

yeh - but to "set up" a non profiet "research" outfit you need PHD after your name and a whole bunch of other egg heads to work with you and "private donations of cash funding"to run off of----- plus the project can't sell their finds to "raise cash" it must be fully self supporting --- (PHD is often called --- piled high and deep) --- I only have a nautical science cert.--- NS from charles county community college in la plata ,maryland with a 3.53 gpa --- and my god given talents and skills.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

good luck today at the hunt

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

well the "big guns" were no shows -- the "public outreach" lady was there -- and giving total dewbie types a "mini dig" treat -- they dug 2 very small test pits abour 6 ft long and a couple feet deep -- "the finds"-- a few hand made nails a larger iron type spike and couple of 1840 ish era 4 hole buttons -- nice but not overly exciting - I' m a bit jaded with such a great site for them to explore I was hoping for much more --- the folks there seemed very impressed with a few of my show and tell type goodies I brought with me from the house.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis said:
well the "big guns" were no shows -- the "public outreach" lady was there -- and giving total dewbie types a "mini dig" treat -- they dug 2 very small test pits abour 6 ft long and a couple feet deep -- "the finds"-- a few hand made nails a larger iron type spike and couple of 1840 ish era 4 hole buttons -- nice but not overly exciting - I' m a bit jaded with such a great site for them to explore I was hoping for much more --- the folks there seemed very impressed with a few of my show and tell type goodies I brought with me from the house.
Way to go Salis. Your stuff is better than theirs. Question is: did you learn anything useful from them?
SKD

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

sadly didn't get much out of it --seemed I knew as much or more that the most of the folks there, oh well .

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

good luck Ivan keep fighting the b@#$!@#Ds,,,, Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread