hadite81

Feb 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, AT PRO, MineLab Eqinox 600 Tesoro Conquistador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had posted an ad in the Lost and Found section of Craigsxxxx several weeks ago, offering my services to find lost items. Two weeks ago I was contacted by a lady in Austin, TX to see if I could help find her husbands ring. After working out schedules, we finally met up today. The couple explained that the ring was lost on Thanksgiving Day, while the husband was playing football in the backyard with the kids. they had tried looking for the ring after it flew off his finger, but no luck. They had even rented a metal detector, but were unable to locate the ring " Cause the darn thing beeped every 5 seconds" according to the wife. The ring hand belonged to the mans father who had it made many years ago, and he had past it down to his son prior to his passing. I figured the ring should be very close to the surface, maybe up to an inch down, since we have not had much rain lately. We had a general area, so away I went. I cannot believe how many signals I was getting!!! The yard was littered with nails, soda tops, etc... After about 30 minutes I received a signal that sounded a bit different, it was two solid signals about 1/4 inch apart, I thought it might be the ring band. After pinpointing, I used my Lesche to scrap away the grass and dirt, and there she was !!!!!
The family were beside themselves with joy. They are renting the house where the ring was lost, and were actually considering buying the house, knowing the ring was in the yard. It's days like this that make it worth the 250 mile roundtrip. The ring was appraised last year for $2000-$3000.
HH
Kevin

Attachments

• ring xxx.jpg
    ring xxx.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 664
  • ring xx1.jpg
    ring xx1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 683
  • ring xx2.jpg
    ring xx2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 657
  • ring xx4.jpg
    ring xx4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 657
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome! I am sure you are a hero in their eyes today! That was really great of you to help them out! Congrats on the find and thanks for sharing the story with us!

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find and good deed! You did the hobby good. WTG

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job! It is great finding a lost item for a person. Who ya gonna call when something like that happens? Congrats and HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread