HELLO FROM THE KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Hello Fellow MD'ers

Sorry I have not posted in so long but I have been real busy here in the Middle East. ?The shipboard schedule here is just insane. ?Well, I would love to tell you I have found all kinds of relics here in the Kingdom of Bahrain but that's just not the case. ?Although, MD'ing is "technically" legal, from what I have seen, most all of the good places are off limits. ?Here is another bad thing, it was 111 degrees yesterday. ?
To all the guys digging up box plates and Minnie balls - the best of luck to you this summer. ?God willing, I'll be out there with you latter in the fall. ?The wife is doing fine back in Texas. ?I just bought her a new car over the internet the other day. ?She took delivery on it just yesterday. ?Needless to say she is extremely happy. ?It came as a total shock to her. ?I was able to keep it a secret right up until the last moment. ?I enclosed a pic of her with her new car at the car lot. ?
Last thing, the Navy "big wigs" have promised us a three day lay-over R&R in some European city before we return home. ?We are not sure where it's going to be yet, but if the crew gets it's wish, I'll be seeing Jimmy Sierra. ?Well, I hope anyway.
In closing good luck to everyone this summer and I hope to see you out in the field this fall.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

Attachments

• CBnVibe.jpg
    CBnVibe.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless You ...............And ...........keep all of ya'll safe..........Looking forward to seeing your next post.........I don't know if I would want to M.D. some of those landlocked sites..........I was a combat engineer in the 70's New Army..........I like M.D.ing.......but I do not like mines.......................I DO Like your wifes car.........Excellent thing you did for her.......Take Care.......God Bless

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chief,

Hope you find some good stuff if you get some time to go MDing. I am a Vietnam veteran and saw some action as a combat medic. So I sort of know what you're going thru. I thank you and all the others for sacrificing and serving our country. That was a great thing you did for your wife with the car! Good luck and I hope you can return home soon to your wife and family. I also am a Texan from north of Houston.

Huntin' 59er

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear from you Cheif. Sweet gift for your wife!! Hopefully on your way back you don't have to stop in Naples. When I was on the Independence we stopped there 7 times in 3 cruises. I guess its better than the hot desert though. Did you guys go through the Suez? It's amazing that poeple actually fought for that strip of land.

Stay safe and don't be a stranger on here.

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Great to hear all is well Chief!!!

My Navy son is shipping out to Bahrain in July....Good luck on all and try and get out and play in the sand ;)

Dave

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Navychief,
I just want to reiterate what a number of other good people have already said; thanks for serving your country. Our youngest son is a Navy veteran and I have the greatest respect for the Navy and all the other branches of service. I know that you guys may sometimes feel like that you are forgotten; don't believe it. You and all the others that are serving are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you get a chance to do some "serious" metal detecting. By the way, that was a great thing that you did for the wife. Stay safe. My younger brother, Huntin'59er (who posted just above me) and I, are located just north of Houston, Texas.
Keep us posted.
BRD

OP
OP
navychief1968

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
All,

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It really means a lot. If you notice the pic in my profile - it's new. I just got promoted to Senior Chief Petty Officer (E-8). That will help in making those car payments on the wife's new car (ha ha). I plan on responding to some of y'all on an individual basis when I get a chance. Gotta run for now (as usual).

Chris Reynolds
Senior Chief Petty Officer, USN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread