HELLO FROM THE KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Hello Fellow MD'ers

Sorry I have not posted in so long but I have been real busy here in the Middle East. ?The shipboard schedule here is just insane. ?Well, I would love to tell you I have found all kinds of relics here in the Kingdom of Bahrain but that's just not the case. ?Although, MD'ing is "technically" legal, from what I have seen, most all of the good places are off limits. ?Here is another bad thing, it was 111 degrees yesterday. ?
To all the guys digging up box plates and Minnie balls - the best of luck to you this summer. ?God willing, I'll be out there with you latter in the fall. ?The wife is doing fine back in Texas. ?I just bought her a new car over the internet the other day. ?She took delivery on it just yesterday. ?Needless to say she is extremely happy. ?It came as a total shock to her. ?I was able to keep it a secret right up until the last moment. ?I enclosed a pic of her with her new car at the car lot. ?
Last thing, the Navy "big wigs" have promised us a three day lay-over R&R in some European city before we return home. ?We are not sure where it's going to be yet, but if the crew gets it's wish, I'll be seeing Jimmy Sierra. ?Well, I hope anyway.
In closing good luck to everyone this summer and I hope to see you out in the field this fall.

Chris Reynolds
Chief Petty Officer, USN

Attachments

• CBnVibe.jpg
    CBnVibe.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Hey good to see your doing allright! Ill save a few chunks of silver and maybe some gold. But you can forget the PULLTABS, they are MINE! :D Have fun in Europe and may you have a speedy return HOME! Best wishes! :)

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Wow! It's really great to hear from you! Glad you are still in one piece! If you need anything give me a holler,by my email or a PM at this site! Thanks for the great job you are doing for your country(and theirs) and come home soon! HH omnicognic ?8)

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hey Chief, it's good to hear from you! Looking forward to any treasure posts when you can get to it. Keep cool and thanks for doing your job! Be safe.

vicki

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
That is really good news Chris! Glad to hear from U again. Have been wondering how things were. Bet she'll be tickled pink to see ya again cause even a brand new car just isn't the same without 2 to cruise. Be safe and be sure to take some pics if Sierra around. stoney56

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and fellow servicemen are in our family's prayers, Godspeed to you.Thank you for serving uor United States of America.

F

Floater

Thanks for the post NavyChief. It was funny I ran across your farewell post the other day and was wondering how things were. Well they are looknig good according to your post. Be Safe and thanks for looking out for all of us.
David

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear things are going OK for you Chief! I hope the rest of your tour is smooth sailing (pardon the pun) and you return home safely. Thanks for your sacrifices to keep the rest of us free to dig pulltabs and other treasure!. Seriously, thanks for all your doing for us. :)

God bless,

Kent

xtanne

Greenie
Jan 9, 2005
Florida
I'm new, so I haven't missed you, but glad you took the time to post! :)
Thank you and the others for what you are doing for the rest of us.
We owe you many things, but I send my gratitude.
Thank you! And pass some along...
X

T

tank

hey do you have an address we can send some goodies to? mabye you can get them to the lower ranking guys? mabye a sugestion list also? thanks:tank

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Cheif, good to hear from you again. Glad you're safe and everythings fine! Like everyone else here, Thanks for the great job you guys are doing over there. Keep in touch when you can!

8) surfrat

TOWcritter

"Sweepers, sweepers, man your brooms. Give a good sweep down fore and aft." Greaty to hear from you Chief. 111' ain't nothing. When it hits 120 give me a call and I'll catch a transport and we'll hit the beach. Keep your head low and spirits high. Semper Fi Squid.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
A big salute to you Chief and to all the troops on your ship. When you arrive back in the states, remember a lot of us support you and the rest of our troops no matter what branch or station location. That we only wish that each and everyone of you come home safe to your love ones.

R

rvbvetter

Hey ChieF
Glad to hear your ok. We are all so very proud of you. Thank you for the job your doing over there. We'll be anxiously waiting for your safe return. Please be careful.

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Man Chief....You had us worried! Your name came up several times since your last post! Good to hear from you and to know that you're still givin' 'em hell over there. Good to see you're able to spoil momma from afar too ;D. God speed to you and the crew, and still praying for your safe return~CO2

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello NavyChief,
Glad to hear your doing ok!!! Congrats on pulling off such a great surprise. She probably didn't know what hit her... ;D
Hopefully you'll get that R & R your looking forward to. If you see Jimmy, tell him to stop by TreasureNet to say hey...
Good luck over there, and come home soon...

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice surprise for the wife! But it is not the same without you there! Stay safe, beware of what you dig up (you never know!)! A BIG THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE!

My brother in law just got back in Feb. from Iraq. He goes back in Nov. for the third time. My nephew is in (I'm not allowed to say!). My sister said that they are not allowed to wear anything that ID's them. Not safe for their families here.

Melnatcat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions