First SILVER Barber quarter

04 Diesel

Sep 13, 2006
Waterloo Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites 6000/D Series 2/ GTA 1000 Power Master
I am a carpenter and we are putting on an addition on a 100 year old house,got permission yesterday. Did a little searching yesterday and didn't find anything worth keeping. A friend of mine and I hit it after work today, I started to work my way back to my truck when I got a good signal. Dug it and out pooped my first silver, a barber quarter. The date is long gone, I will try to get a picture up. :D How do you guys get such good clear pictures of your finds?

Scroll down for new pictures.

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find there. Somehow this post slipped way down without much attention. I can tell you how I take pics with my camera. I use a Canon Power Shot A520. It's not the best to take closeups but if you have a macro button on your camera it will help a lot. Mine has a little flower on the button. It will let you hold the camera about an inch or so away from the object. I also have a pretty good magnifying glass I use sometimes to take even closer pics. I hold it right against the camera and move it around till I get a clear view without any distortion. If you use a cheap magnifying glass or a plastic one it might hurt more than help. Anyone else that can add to this please help out here. I do admit that I know very little about the subject. I usually take 10 times more pictures than I post so I can weed out the bad ones, lol... Good luck to you

DANGLANGLEY

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Great find. I gave up on the digital camera and mostly use my flatbed scanner. It's a lot cheaper too. You can get a good used one for under $50.

HH

- joe

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Congrats on the silver ! gotta love working on the old houses. Be sure to look inside any walls you open up, I've found lots of old bottles (mostly beer and liquor) that the original carpenters hid there.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that first silver! Good luck on your return!

Nana :)

And ditto Langley on the pics.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
04 Diesel said:
I am a carpenter and we are putting on an addition on a 100 year old house,got permission yesterday. Did a little searching yesterday and didn't find anything worth keeping. A friend of mine and I hit it after work today, I started to work my way back to my truck when I got a good signal. Dug it and out pooped my first silver, a barber quarter. The date is long gone, I will try to get a picture up. :D How do you guys get such good clear pictures of your finds?

Sure it won't be your last!!! :thumbsup:
Lighting is key and macro if you got it. when you think it is just right, back up about 4 inches and shoot.
crop and enlarge to 275 and bingo. :icon_study:

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
Can't wait to see the Big Barber, diesel. I hope to find something from that family this season.
Congrats on a pretty scarce coin.

You already heard about the macro button, but lighting is also a key item. I haven't been able to get correct colors on my coins, and I'm tired of dorkin' around experimenting, so this morning I ordered this:

http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/cophkit.html

About $172 delivered, a complete "mini-studio for coins".

I figure all the good people in the MD forums I frequent deserve excellent pics.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always love silver...congrats... 8)
Like DANGLANGLEY I usually take way more pics than I post to get the good ones...
Hope to see it...

OP
OP
04 Diesel

04 Diesel

Sep 13, 2006
Waterloo Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites 6000/D Series 2/ GTA 1000 Power Master
I know it has been awhile but lets try this.

Attachments

• Quarter.jpg
    Quarter.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 241

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions