MXT Strikes Again!!!

OroGrande

Apr 1, 2007
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Received my new Eclipse DD (6X10) coil from Whites this past Friday. Took it to the drywashes of Orogrande yesterday, hoping for a nugget or two, lol. No gold yet, but my first outing with the new coil produced this beaut, a Seated Liberty Dime 1887. Probably been in the ground at least 100 years and in remarkable condition for her age. No apparent mint mark. Proud to add her to my collection, with the 1916 Barber I found in an arroyo (dry wash) about two miles north of this location. MXT's are great.... Thanks for looking and HH...........Orogrande

Attachments

• Before Cleaning.JPG
    Before Cleaning.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 539
  • After Cleaning.JPG
    After Cleaning.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0
S

seger98

super nice dime, I'm up in Grants for a week, trying to find a place to go detecting while I'm here, but the wind just won't quit! :dontknow:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my MXT great machine, First few min on a site pulls a Merc, Barber, and IH penny. Later working that site pulled a 1891 Seated Dime at 7 inches. That MXT sniffs out those silver and other old coins like a bloodhound on bacon. :icon_jokercolor:

Next best thing to Gold Awesome find,

Keep @ it and HH!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! In great shape also.

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY OROGRANDE, GREAT CHOICE ON THE MACHINE AND THE DD COIL. I USE THE SAME SETUP AND WILL NOT CHANGE FOR ANYTHING. IT HITS HARD, AND GOES EXTREMELY DEEP. YOU WILL LOVE IT..............PACO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread