Turned Copper to Silver today, update with Pic

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Found what I thought was a piece of copper tubing but the edges were a little rounded. For the heck of it I decided to clean it up.
Well, it cleaned up better than I hoped and turned out to be a nice chunk of sterling!
I have to get a display box for my rings and i will try to post a pic of them soon.

For my next trick, I plan on turning lead to gold when I take all my fishing sinkers to the junkman and hopefully will have enough for a 1/10 oz gold eagle or something similar.

Judging from the coin finds in the area, this has been in the ground 70-80 years, maybe more.

HH

- joe

Attachments

• ss-ring.jpg
    ss-ring.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I Turned Copper to Silver today, soon, I will turn lead to gold

Awesome Joe. Let me know how that lead to gold thing works out for you. I have some iron you may be interested in turning into platinum. :wink: :D
Congrats,
MM

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joe,
Congrats on the Silver...I'm going to run out today at lunch time to see if I can find something good for tonights meeting.
John

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always love silver...Nice find... :thumbsup:
And love that title... 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions