This Weekend was weekend road trip, we know what that means

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
:thumbsup: Thats right a big :thumbsup: Bobbie and I left late Friday morning for the weekend road trip. From then through this evening we detected in 5 counties. It was a much needed trip as we have had a very tumultous 2 weeks prior. First somebody put 4 new puppies on our front porch back on Tuesday 4th, 2 nights later another of their family was deposited on our porch. The next morning it looked like we were going to have to put our oldest dog Beans to sleep as he was not eating or drinking, it perked up a bit but then last Thursday night Brad, mine and Bobbies son and I took Beans to the Vet and had him put down So it was with heavy heart that we headed out friday. As we left I said a silent prayer that this be a good road trip for Bobbie as she had raised beans since a small pup.
We finally got started detecting friday afternoon a little after 4:00 and detected until dark. Bobbie found her first piece of gold at the first spot with a gold and cz cross.
In addition to that she found several pieces of junk jewelry and quite a bit of clad, I found some clad and junk jewelry also.
Saturday morning found us heading out before sunrise, we knew there would be storms later in the day and we wanted to detect as much as possible. It started lightning around 4:30 and that wrapped up the day . Before it started getting ugly Bobbie had found another piece of gold the 10k engagement ring, 2 sweeps away she found the sterling silver chain and cross, she also found a love silver ring. We both found large amounts of coins and junk jewelry. I found 2 wheats on saturday, and Bobbie found an X rated token that we didnt post a picture to.
Sunrise came this morning and it was beautiful. I found the first good piece today with the 10k initial ring, Bobbie countered with the silver tinkerbell pendant then 2 schools later found the 10k ring that says girl. She found the gold earring at the last place we detected this evening, that we stopped at just to get out and stretch our legs.
Did I ay we found a lot of clad this weekend well Bobbie found $44.32 , I found $34.08
Bobbie totaled 4 gold and 4 silver also. I found only the 1 gold. We both found lots of junk jewelry also. I also included a picture of the trash I detected on Saturday and Sunday. Friday evenings was thrown out at the hotel room.
Lastly Bobbie found this pin any Idea of what it is would be appreciated
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• SANY0273.JPG
    SANY0273.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 599
  • SANY0264.JPG
    SANY0264.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 613
  • SANY0265.JPG
    SANY0265.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 614
  • SANY0266.JPG
    SANY0266.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 608
  • SANY0267.JPG
    SANY0267.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 610
  • SANY0269.JPG
    SANY0269.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 620
  • SANY0270.JPG
    SANY0270.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 605
  • SANY0273.JPG
    SANY0273.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 601
  • SANY0273.JPG
    SANY0273.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 596
  • SANY0275.JPG
    SANY0275.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Wow Dave, you & Bobbie sure found the STUFF! $78 is a heck of a lot of clad too. Sorry about Beans; I hate having to put them down! We've been accumulating cats around here, people keep dropping them off. We have 7 now & a mother & 4 kittens in the garage (gonna try to catch her and take her & kids to a place that has a no-kill policy...if they have any openings). You guys did GREAT!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice road trip and it looks like beans might have been watching over you two and leading you to a golden weekend. I have to say this hobby is a great way to relieve stress and ease pain as well!! Congrats on all those goodies!!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Nice...accumulations of finds.I'm ready to rent a camper and it too. :hello2: :icon_cheers: :headbang:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds Dave+Bobbie! I'm thinking the pin is military, probably a national guard or reserve unit. I think

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
So sorry to hear about Beans, being a dog owner and lover myself, he was definetly shining down on you two letting you know everything is O.K. Congrats on the wonderful finds. I'm very impressed and hope that I can have a successful weekend like that soon. HH. :icon_sunny:

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hey Dave

The loss of a loved one is always painful... whether human or animal. Sometimes the animals seem more human than the humans with their unconditional love. The decision to "put them down' or not is always guilt ridden and it is easy to second guess one's self.

Trust that what was in your heart for Beans is what guided you to choose. it is always about choice... is it not?

Great job on the finds. Lots of coins too.

What kind of adapter for your detector do you use for the "dollar bills"... i might have to get one those! I may be leaving stuff in the ground and not knowing it.

HH

Sanat

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what a great haul you all had..niceeeeeee finds... and I am so sorry about Beans.. : (

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm so sorry to hear about Beans. Amazing how large a hole they leave when go. I'm glad he had family who loved him.

That's some weekend you had! Neat to see the different things - and wow, you did good!

That pin on the bottom - is that animal a wolverine? Can't see the letters well enough to tell what it says. Aren't wolverines the school mascot of somewhere or other? (or is it a badger...?)

Definitely cool finds - and lot of 'em lol

HH
Nan

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The KING and QUEEN of road trip's,who would have thunk it.Excellent haul you two.....ton of clad as well.Congrat's.

I'm sorry to hear about Bean's,they definetley do leave a void in your everyday life when they're gone.I'm sure Bean's will be greatly missed.

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Nice finds. I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. My wife and I lost our best friend Godzilla two weeks ago tonight. I'm still having a very hard time adjusting to him being gone. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Daniel

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
if you can read the writing on the bottom of the pin try googling it to see what comes up.

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thank you Sanat and all the others for the kind words, the adapter to find dollar bills , well we both wear glasses so we have 8 eyes between us to find the stuff just laying atop the ground
Beans was the oldest of the "babies" but he felt that he could hang with the younger ones.
I did google the pin according to google it was the 94th engineering battalion originally activated in Michigan in 1941 how appropriate that bobbie the girl from michigan found it here in the heart of dixie
hh
dave+bobbie

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang.....i hunt for 2 hours.....and my arm hurts.......

how do you do it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread