Omnis day out.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Omni's day out.

Went and met Baddog1 at the place where he found the V nickel, and hunted around the construction and street tear ups. Found a gold plated cover to a pocket watch, and about 10 feet later found part of the case. In the same general area I found a button at about 8" that is in great shape and I hope someone might tell me something about it. On the front center there is a coat of arms with lions and towers at opposite corners and a crown above a banner across the bottom that says "INFANTENA" and on the back upper part "J. FEU" lower says "BARCELONA". Any info would be helpfull! HH omnicognic? 8)

Correction: Buckram pointed out that it should (and it does) say INFANTERIA. The words are so small on this that it was really hard to read! I took the pic through a magnifying glass in macro at full zoom!

Attachments

• junk1.jpg
    junk1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 376
  • spanishbutton3.jpg
    spanishbutton3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 382
  • spanishbutton4.jpg
    spanishbutton4.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Re: Omni's day out.

WOW ,nice digs Omni. The button sounds like it could be from the Spanish during the Indian wars in Florida or from the the 1812 war.r. Nice finds It could have even been worn by an Indian after he killed a soldier. Nice work.

R

rvbvetter

Great finds!! Check ebay under civil war buttons. It may or may not be civil war, but many ebay sellers of these buttons have them from 1812 and various other wars. It's where i found that 3 buttons i recently dug, were Confederate Eagle buttons made by Horstmann in Philadelfia. Your button reminds me of some state seal buttons from the civil war, i seen listed there. Good luck HH

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Yes what Omni said is true. We got together for a little treasure hunting this morning. Had a great time although it did get a little warm as the day progressed. While Omni was digging up broken pieces of watches and buttons, I was digging the good stuff $$$$.
I only found .55 cents and one wheat penny. We did have a good time. The area we were hunting is probably one of the oldest areas of Tampa. I hope Omni's button turns out to be something really good.

Attachments

• 5-22-05sm.jpg
    5-22-05sm.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 350

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 320
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 322
OP
OP
omnicognic

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida

I did find a pic of it in a display with a bunch of other artifacts, but it's on one of those sites that send up ten gazillion pop-ups and who knows what else so I didn't post the link. there wasn't any info on it anyway except spanish infantry button! HH omnicognic 8)

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

most excellent finds omni.congrats.

OP
OP
omnicognic

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida

SugarSand said:
Cool finds omni, is that a RFD padlock?
Forgive me, I'm not familiar with the term "RFD". This is a small brass padlock about an inch across and it says "YALE" on both sides. On the latch, it says "made in the U.S.A" on the other side of the latch it says "THE YALE & TOWNE MFG. CO." The latch opens hinged (like a cartoon lock) intead of pulling up like most locks. Could it be very old? HH omnicognic 8)

E

Enloe Relics

Nice finds Omni! you are a good Relic Hunter! i need to hunt with you some time! HH! Harvey!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005

Nice job guys! Sounds like you all had fun! Some cool relics there. Thanks for the pic, good luck on your next hunt!

OP
OP
omnicognic

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida

Thanks everyone for all the help and replies! May a bounty of gold grace your scoops! HH omnicognic 8)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt Omni, hope that button is as old as thought! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread