JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Getting to be that time of yr again. Starting to thaw now and getting out here and there. Was having problems with my equiptment over the past couple months. And I was not able to determine the problem with the weather conditions.

I was able to get to the bottom of things and now the finds are being found again. Coil needed rebuilt the 1400. Also my headphones killer b's needed serviced. Took the fixed equiptment out and found 8 nice old coins last week in a hr and a half.

I was very happy to be pulling old coins again. I was going out and only coming home with like one old coin. I knew something wasn't right. Unit was very unstable and headphones were cutting out all the time. Man I wonder how many good signals I didn't here.

However inbetween the problems I was still able to sqeeze a few finds here and there. I'm back and ready to have a good yr hopefully.

I wanted to know if any of you guys could put a I.D on this token/coin. It is about half dollar in size. Looks like it's copper. It says on the front Constituted April 30 1888. At the bottom it says One Penny. Now for the back side.It says Pittsburgh R.A Chapter No 268 Pittsburgh P.a.

I have no idea other than it may have been for a organization or something like that. Maybe someone out there can shed some light. I'd really appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Other than that just your normal old coins. Wheats, indians, war nickles one nice 41 washington. Got some nice relics and a old railroad lock dated 1878.

Thanks for looking. Sorry the pics aren't the best. I'm pressed for time here with the kids off from school and all.

HH Jer

Attachments

• first spring finds 002.jpg
    first spring finds 002.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 733
  • first spring finds 004.jpg
    first spring finds 004.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 755
  • first spring finds 2.jpg
    first spring finds 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 792
  • first spring finds 013.jpg
    first spring finds 013.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 772
Upvote 0

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. I love those locks

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive finds Jer,

HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Jer! Nice start of the year and HH, Mike

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys,

Lone You still out there man. I always know your up to something. I bet you have a stack of nice finds sitting beside you lol. Good to see and here from you again man.

I was thinking the same Trusty. Has to be from some type of org. I bet someone out there will know maybe PBK if he reads this post. The soldier was a pretty cool find. He is in nice shape also. They are usually broke or shot up with BB guns. He is diff than the one's I normally find.

Thanks again guys,

Good luck to you all this yr

HH Jer

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes, That is close enough Jimmy.

Thanks alot for the i.d on the token. The only difference really was the ram instead of ra. And the date on mine is about 50 yrs older than the one's on e-bay. It makes sence to. The masons built this beautiful wall surrounding the area I was hunting.

Probably dropped when going to the bath room back in the day. I can see them going up into the woods for cover. Droping there paints and losing the coin. Or losing it on a lunch break or something.

Thanks again,

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds as always, Jeremy~! Super token! Great that you're out and hunting again.

Nana :)

Nice to see Lonewolfe posting too! :wink:

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot Nana,

It feels great to be hearing those old coins again. I pulled some more nice one's last night. Will post in the near future once I have a good bit accumulated.

HH Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Jer,Looks like that stuff cleaned up nice.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Off to a good start. Some nice finds. Nate and I have been shut in with all the snow we have had here. Just today I am starting to see patches of grass.

Bob

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks Mirage,

How you doing anyway man. You gonna be at the hunt next month. Will Nate, be going at all. A relative of my wife lives in Columbus OH. He said the other day during the easter holiday they got 20 inches. It's been a tough winter for OH this yr. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with this season.

HH Jer

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jer good to see another post from you, looks good.

And yea, I'll be at the DFX convention for at least a couple of the days, I'm pretty sure we don't have a track meet scheduled for that weekend. I was bummed about missing last year's. lol and yea, tough winter is right

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow great finds bud :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys,

Nate, Hope to catch you for a day up there man. I know it's tough with school and sports. Looking like I'll be there Fri and Sat. Then leave Sat night to drive home. It's a good time. Love walking those old parks. Me you and Lance could do some exploring together. Hope to see you guys up there. I didn't receive a premission form yet. Hopefully it will be in the mail box soon.

HH Jer

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jer,
Sweet finds. Very nice coins and relics.
I have a padlock that looks a lot like that. Any chance of seeing pictures of the engravings on it?
Thanks,
MM

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those pic's look the same as last year Jer......AWESOME!!!!!Best of Luck to ya this year man.....Congrat's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread