1941...1958 blue book pennies

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I got the wife hooked on MDing today and was at home on treasurenet chat when she came in and gave me this old blue book she had when she was a kid!!! See treasure is where you find it. Got all three steel pennies from 43 thought some where 41 but I'm blind.

Attachments

• bluebook.jpg
    bluebook.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0
F

Floater

I just Bought the whole set of books from the book store about a month ago. I am going to start filling mine here one day when I get really bored and its raining and I cant go out and play, and i dont have an addition to finish and my life becomes one more big blur and .......... Nice finds Dano. So the Wife is hooked now huh. So who's gonna Work. ;DLOL

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I just bought a bunch last night and started filling them up. Got some for my little kids too! My 6 yr old already knows where date marks are, what's clad, what's silver, etc...

R

Rich

Pirate said:
holy crap your shirt is bright!!!? ?Bright green, red, pink and yellow!!? nice collection of pennies, you should scour the net for the fillers and give it back to her, of course the 55' DD will set you back about $55,000 hehe, but other than that you should have no problem...? Pirate

I also have the old albums,merc,wheats,etc etc....

but for a 55 DD at 55G's,then your payn tooooooo much!,,,,,,,,,,,unless proof and graded.....,or try finding a 43 copper penny....heh....lol

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
I had a couple back in the early 60's and would take every dollar up to the local gas station and get a dollars worth and fill up the books.I gave all my coin and stamp collection to my eight year old twin brother in laws back in 1980 to get them started in the hobby.10 years latter I was divorced,Wonder if I had a 1943 in tho's books? >:(

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
I bought one right after I found my first Wheat pennies. I have made a game of trying to fill it with only the coins that I have dug. I am about halfway through. ;D

M

mattjd

My pap had about 10 of those books. He was a collected during the 50's and 60's. Each book with different types of coins...seated q, d, and halfs too! All was filled. And yes he even had the 1909 S VDB. Then his wife divorced him and stole ALL the coins...sniff...

Matt

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Aaaahhh Divorce......I had the Lincoln blue books too and they disappeared in my first divorce back in 88. How can people feel as though they own what you had for years before you met them?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh, divorce.....lost it all once before myself! I have a friend who after the third divorce told me. "From now on instead of getting married I'm just going to find some unsuspecting young lady and give her my house and all I own about every 5 years!" "With my track record it would prevent a lot of heartache!" Interesting philosophy. JIM

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Good philosophy Jimmileo. My brother told me I should take a picture of all my stuff...Then tear it in half. Then tear it in half again (second divorce)! Then he said "you want to tear it in half again?" ;D I'm Done!

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
we have a bunch ...the boy sits around in the winter and goes throu all our change and fills out the books then puts them in the safe...good fun for long winter nights
keep swingin
lone gunman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread