TO HANDS PLEASE!!

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
Hey everyone today was a great day to detect. the weather was great i found a new park to detect with everything from ballfields to jungle jims. Man i was ready for some swinging. i get to the park and it's relatively empty except for the mom's out with the younglings. I open my trunk pull my baby out then i choose my weapons my handy probe and hand shovel. so i hit the dirt press the on button and nothing. man i felt like santa just threw my plate of cookies in the fireplace. but a ha every good detectorist has extra batteries right of course. so i go in my pouch and pull out a pack of new batteries. install um hit the dirt again hit power and again nothing. I,m batting a thousand here guys. i couldn't remember how long ago it was that those new batteries were new. So i pack everything up and head for the nearest store grab two packs off the shelf pay and its back to the park. I'm going to swing or die tryin. now I'm back at the park i unpack again install my new batteries and WOOOOOPSE the freak-in thing slips outta my hand lands on the pavement breaking the coil mount. you wanna talk about Mad i was GIVING OFF HEAT. I felt like the Indian that sheds one tear when he sees people littering. that really sucked man. needless to say so ends my detecting for today i almost said what the heck I'll just drag the coil behind me and see what pops out but i opted not to and went home with a puffed out lower lip :'( well just thought i would share my day with you guy
enjoy

HAPPY HUNTING
Steve C aka Gaspar

Upvote 0

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you just hate days like that - deep breaths and a few coldies will make the pain go away :wink:

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Sounds like one of my days!!! The worst was when I was way out and the arm cup on my DFX split right down the middle!! One side fell off the machine. I kept hunting for a bit but hard to swing the machine when the other end wants to swing in the opposite direction!! Since then I carry a spare of everything! Armcup and hardware.. lower rod and the plastic nut and bolt and velrco straps in my duffel bag. Good thing to.. since then I have broken the lower arm piece that the nut and bolt mount through and lost the nut on the armcup!

Murphy is alive and well!!!

MonkeyBoy

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I though I was the only one that things like that happens to.
I hope the detecting gods smile on you the next time you are out there.
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread