Relic Hunt yields Silver

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Brother KirkTN came over today chomping at the bit to go swing a coil and I was not much in the mood. I have been fighting an earache for about a week. Well long story short after he got me down in the floor with my arm twisted up behind my back. I agreed to go with him LOL ( Just kidding ). We got the OK to go back to the site of an old school we had previously hunted. We worked our tails off to find anything it is so grown up with briars and cedar trees, kinda makes it makes it hard to have fun when your finds are coming slow. The hard work paid off though just as my brother was leaving at 3pm to go pick his kiddies up at the bus stop, he hit a solid signal and it turned out to be an eagle something not a button but a pin ? He come running over to me and said he had to leave and I needed to come work this area. I did and found several interesting Iron pieces one small spur a half of a fancy horse bit and a cool little hammer ( horse shoeing hammer? ). Then from out of nowhere the Nautilus screamed John wake up this sounds like silver. I started to dig and sure enough out popped the purdiest 1899 Barber Dime I've ever dug. What started out as a brutal hunt bared sweet fruits in the end. I'm glad KirkTN made ask me to go today. LOL I had a blast.

Attachments

• DSCN1436.JPG
    DSCN1436.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 567
  • DSCN1458.JPG
    DSCN1458.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 565
  • DSCN1428.JPG
    DSCN1428.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 574
  • DSCN1433.JPG
    DSCN1433.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCN1438.JPG
    DSCN1438.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCN1446.JPG
    DSCN1446.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 566
Upvote 0

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Wow, EXCELLENT Finds!

Looks like some belt buckles, flint-lock hammer, and of course the silver.
Sometimes the relics, though, seem more interesting.
You can imagine some frontiersman off on a hunt and the
rifle is falling apart.

:icon_pirat:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice barber and relics.

Definetly a piece of a old spur. To bad it wasn't whole. I found a whole one last yr by surprise at a old homestead.

HH Jer

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We worked our tails off to find anything it is so grown up with briars and cedar trees, kinda makes it makes it hard to have fun when your finds are coming slow.

Oh man, I feel your pain :) I was out with Bmanley99 this past weekend working some woods. Real tough going, slow and tedious work. It paid off for him though cause he went home with 2 LC's. I went home with multiple scratches from thorns :)

That is one purdy dime you've got there! GREAT shape too :thumbsup:

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it pays off in the end...Being under the weather stinks, especially when you're out and about. The Silver and Relics took some sting out...Congrats on your finds...HH

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet dig John....Those relic hunt's are just that way :wink: Awesome dig's,congrat's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread