38.9 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0
OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
i was barely beneath the surface, maybe an inch or so, i figured some kid probably lost it trying to us it as a throwing knife ;D

F

Floater

lobsterman said:
i was barely beneath the surface, maybe an inch or so, i figured some kid probably lost it trying to us it as a throwing knife? ;D
Or maybe another MDer. LOL

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H e h H e h K o o L , H e h H e h

beavisbutthead01.gif

H e h N I C E D i g s .........Dude..........................WTG H.H

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, O.J. I found your knife...... Here is a knife I found on the beach at Eagle Mountain Lake near Azle, Texas. Could have doubled as a fish scaler and fish cleaner. Stainless steel. Razor sharp. 7 1/2" long extended. Made by Frost Cutlery of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Retails for $40.

Attachments

• KnifeOJ3.jpg
    KnifeOJ3.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 393

Knipper

Jan 21, 2005
Rochester, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II Troy Shadow X-5
Lobster Man,

Your knife dates from the early 60's...Had an Identical one when I was much younger.
The handle, though plastic, was originally colored alternating shades of caramel and dark brown, and was meant to look like stag horn (antler). As I recall, for an inexpensive kid's knife, you could put a good edge on it ... and yes, I tried to stick it in a tree from a distance a time or two!

Knipper

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
the only other knife ( sort of ) that i have found is a machette. i had found it with the MD in my back yard, but i couldn't believe that i hadn't seen it before as the handle was bright orange and part of it was right at the surface, i must have mowed over that area a hundred times before and never saw it.
i'm just glad that i found it before the kids did. if i can find it again, it's under all the junk in my workshed ::) , i'll try to post a pic. of it later today.

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
here's the machette i promised, i hope this works this time :-\

Attachments

• MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 280
B

Broncox Vernon BC

Cool find!, I dug this yesterday.
Broncox

Attachments

• 2005_05230016.JPG
    2005_05230016.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 2005_05230018.JPG
    2005_05230018.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 217
OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
yep, just the tip of the handle was exposed, but i still can't believe i didn't see it before. i've found some bizarre stuff in my yard. i think the strangest thing i found in the yard was an old bleached out goat skull with the horns still attached, it looked so good i had to hang it over my workbench ;).

Pat.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
If finding knives is your thing, I can tell you a great technique! Get a large magnet and tie a cord to it. Go to any popular fishing area with a dock bridge or pier. Take your magnet in the cord and lower it into the water and drag it along the bottom down the bridge, pier, dock, etc.. I have found enough knives in one spot on a popular fishing pier to fill a 5 gal bucket! I found out about all the knives at this spot by snorkeling to find on I had lost, the next time I went there fishing, I took the magnet and racked up on knives! HH omnicognic 8)

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
i've lost more than my share of tools over the side :'( , but i've never had much luck getting them back with a magnet.

i guess my backyard was a Wabbit Wanch for a few years, i'll tell ya i'm sick of diggin up chicken wire fencing and cages >:( , they sound off large and loud with the MD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread