In backyard on razors edge !! 27 merc , 27 wheat and a cutting edge GEM!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my honey do's done this morn! M. D,ing is funner than laying flooring! I think equal on the back! Part of my backyard is frost free so I did get two hours this afternoon to tear up some ground and i do mean tear up. As I am new 2 this endever I decided to dig all signals and clear everything so I can make a test plot out there. It's going 2 take some time though. in two hours I only cleared about an 8 X 8 foot area! And still I get some ghost signals in that area! compleatly rusted and leached iron I'm supposing! I did find a few decent finds ! A 1919 wheat in excellent condition! Scan does not do justice! 1927 merc, 1927 wheat in good condition, 1931, wheat in poor condition,42,48,50 wheats. OH YEAH MY VERY FIRST MILITARY BUTTON!! I am assuming W.W. 2 era. a copper cufflink, A droped U. S. C. CO. 38 40 cartridge.Winchester bought this company in 1938 so it is at least that old,These rounds have a $ logo on the center fire cap. You can't make it but the only inscription on the charm is the date 8-25-49. lead sinker, and last but not least the late 40's early 50's gem razor!! A LOT MORE FUN THAN LAYING FLOORING !!

Attachments

• 03-30-2008 09;25;12PM.JPG
    03-30-2008 09;25;12PM.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 596
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That back yard of yours is gonna keep you busy for a while! 8) Super finds, SL!!!

Congrats! Nana :wink:

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding finds Sealouse! Wish I had a back yard like yours. 8)

Kent in AL

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Sealouse!
Great little story and endeavor and accomplishment! One never knows what he or she will find anywhere, anytime!

Your story reminds me of days gone by spent as a child growing up in Natchez, Miss. I was ten and had a dog; the dog died. My brother Mike and I had a funeral for Dog Pete; digging a hole and all. As we were digging, we began discovering lots of stone marbles and old coins. Indians heads, V nickels, and junk like that. As our pile of marbles and coins grew, our concern about burying Dog Pete diminished! It took us dang near all day to bury that smelling dog and only minutes to walk across the street, spending all we found on candy. The storekeeper talked us out of all the stone marbles; allowing us to trade all of them for ice cream. I bet we had a hundred! Oh, the errs of youth! :violent1:

GRB

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the razor I haven't seen one in years! :thumbsup: All in all a good day! HH BIGHEAD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread