ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
georgia hunters -- lots of old free maps at "georgia virtual vault" many types

including --a 1909 map of gold bearing areas-- and colonial maps --civil war maps --rail road maps 675 maps listed in total -- many are interactive and by interacting and blowing it up size wize and then using the print screen button --you can make your own free maps!!! ---good luck and enjoy-- Ivan

to get there type in --georgia virtual vault-- into your search engime and away you go -- its a free no cost - state of georgia archive --

Upvote 0

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Re: georgia hunters -- lots of old free maps at "georgia virtual vault" many types

Thanks for the tip Ivan! Do you hunt Ga much?

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Re: georgia hunters -- lots of old free maps at "georgia virtual vault" many types

Thank you, Ivan!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

Ivan what about the sunshine state?

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

florida is my main stomping grounds -- keep those sources close to the chest -- (try -- florida historical maps---:wink:)--- in the very low georgia south eastern area -- I have a few freinds that have private land --that they let me hunt -- but mainly--I hunt the florida area esp my county --Nassau--- ps remember that some of these ga maps cover florida area --at least along the northern border st marys river area( thats basically the how / why I ran across them--- I was doing research on a town called "anderson" on a 1779 map it was gone on a 1836 map of the same area) -- because pre 1763 a good part of modern day nassau county was claimed by the english as part of georgia and the spanish alspo claimed it --(and after the rev war america tried to claim it and the british wound up trying to enforce the same border that the had fought the spanish over now that they had florida and america had georgia --- :tard:--- )---- ( from 1763 to 1783 england controlled florida --florida was the home of the british loyal to the king ---"tories"-- during the rev war --it was the only colonial state that did not breakaway during the war -- after the war in 1783 england grew tired of dealing with the americans poaching accross the fla./ ga border and gave florida back to spain who in 1819/20 sold it to the usa in exchange for 5 million dollars--- two of the three rev war battles that took place in florida happened a few miles from my home-- (thomas creek and alligator creek -- the americans wanted to wipe out the tory raiders but failed)*****(Dan McGirtt) theres a creek named for him locally near his old homestead area -- was a local tory hero and raider --being on the losing side after the war he became a bandit king of sorts --gathering lots of loot --he and his crew just kept getting richer --they took what they wanted never paying for anything -- anyone squawked they killed em --- he and his gang were greatly feared --the spanish troops finally caught him ---some reports say he died in jail at st augustine --- some others say he escaped and lived under a fake name the rest of his days in south carolina off of hidden money he had stashed up there while raiding during the war---either way all reports agree that he did not get to return for his "main" loot stash buried in nassau county --near his farm - as the locals would have reported him in a split second for "reward" money to the spanish as he was very well known and hated by and large because of the pillaging --- Ivan

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

If you ever get over to SW GA (thomas county), give me a shout...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread