Holy LIBERTIES batman!!!!!!!!!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
My yard....My wonderful Yard! I went out in the yard today, work as usual, digging up junk, kind of a daily routing now LOL. Got a week but strong signal, meter was jumping to and fro, I thought here we go, some more worthless foil LOL. Cause in the area I have been working on is right by the old burn pile, so every target I find there is at least 3 different types of :things: in the same hole, most have had alot of foil. Anyways my son removed the sod, and we started diggin, got down about 5-6" and saw some silver looking thing sticking out from the side of the hole. I pulled it out and nearly fainted! I couldn't believe it, I found this 1942 Liberty half in MY YARD! A few months ago if you would have asked me whats a liberty half, I would have said....Huh? Let alone thinking I'd find one in MY YARD!! So to ALL you fellow newbies, take your time, dig it ALL, and have faith in your own yard! Dont give up cause I know its out there waiting for you! Here are some pics. The pic of it in the ground is like a reinactment of sorts LOL. I rinsed it off and then decided I should take some pics. Its basically in the same ares, just more to the left actually sticking out from the side of hte hole. Glad I wasnt using a metal digger. Another pic of me, and one of the MDing partner. Hey Twister...tag your it, its your turn to find something else good in your yard! So newbs take it from a fellow newb...dont give up, its there, even in your own YARD!!!

(ps wife wrote this cuz I cant type as fast and she wants the computer back!)

Attachments

• in the hole.jpg
    in the hole.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 363
  • lib half2.jpg
    lib half2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 349
  • lib half.jpg
    lib half.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 326
  • me and lib.jpg
    me and lib.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 310
  • partner.jpg
    partner.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just how AWESOME is that!!! :o You keep that up and your yard will look like Badgers! :D HAHA! ;D I'm so excited for you and your MD buddy!

Nana ;)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like clearing all the trash out is starting to really pay off for you Mystro. The only thing left for your yard now is a silver dollar and then a gold coin. Go get them!!! HH!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

Find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H e h H e h ----------------K O O L

beavisbutthead01.gif

F

Floater

WoW Mystro . That is fantastic. Your son must of been thrilled. Geat story. Thanks for the Motivatin. HH

OP
OP
Mystro7

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Yes badger my yard is lookin like its been visited by aliens, black helicopters fly over every once in a while to take video of the crop circle forms in my yard lol. All the hole I dug a few weeks ago are not noticable anymore, so I guess im doing something right lol, It was just good to beable to practice in my own yard before I went off to someone elses yard. Its sunny today, gonna go out and find some more junk!

OP
OP
Mystro7

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Trust me as soon as the baby takes a nap...Im running for the door!!!!!!!! :D

V

Vinnie

That is a nice coin you and your partner found, I hope to find one soon. best of luck to you.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
MAN THAT ROCKS!! :o what an awesome find!! i wonder what else you have in that yard?

OP
OP
Mystro7

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
After finding all them wheats , buffalo, and rosies oh I was conviced there was something more. I was expecting to find some mercs, never a liberty! I am now on the quest to find a merc here, I know there is at least one here. :)

Masonlid

Mar 14, 2005
good ole Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre U Max
Hey it does pay off to hunt your own yard.Look at what was in my yard ::)

Attachments

• buckle2.jpg
    buckle2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 280
  • buckle2.jpg
    buckle2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 231

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread