25 May 2005 - Finds

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) Found this Mini Cap Gun today. It rang up as a quarter @ 4?" imagine my surprise when this came out of the hole :o The overall length is only 2?" it has very detailed engraving and everything works on it. After I cleaned it up a bit, it cocks and fires with a smooth easy action. Markings on the handle read "RRL" appears to be made of cast.? Also found this beautiful little Religious Medal at about 6". It swivels open.........Any additional info on these items would be greatly appreciated. And to complete my finds and an already great day of diggin. I got yet another Ring, An Indian Head, 4 more Wheat's, an early Canadian, 19 Bullets and I also found two shell casings (not pitcured). Head stamps read (FA 39) & (U.S.C.C.O. 19) Hard to tell if they belong with the lead as they are in poor shape.........All the coins from the 1940'S were found in the same hole ranging from 3" - 7" deep. :)

Attachments

• Mini Capgun.JPG
    Mini Capgun.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 25 May 2005 - Finds.jpg
    25 May 2005 - Finds.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Mini Capgun.JPG
    Mini Capgun.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Religious Medal.jpg
    Religious Medal.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R R = Roy Rogers, part of a set that came with a simulated fake leather gunbelt and holster. I had one in the late 50's. JIM

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Psgen,Now that is some nice diggin,Love the little gun.Man what a mix.Thats a nice medal aswell.thanks for the share.HH

F

Floater

Great finds PsGen, The Cap gun is great and the relgous metals. Jimmileo is correct, Roy Rodgers. Nice . HH

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
MARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRvelous!!!!!! That cap gun is GREAT! Keep up the good work and good luck with your next hunt!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
That's an awesome hunting trip PSGEN!!! Way to go!

I can't really offer any deep insight into the religious medal, but it is a common medal worn by Catholics. HOWEVER< I've never seen one quite as elaborate as the one you found. Usually these things are double stamped on one medal... Sacred Heart on one side and Mary on the other. This is you found is pretty cool! I would guess it to be at least 50 years old, maybe older???

Congrats!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

Love that cap gun!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
psgen

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D I was pretty sure that it was Roy Rogers, but the addition of the "L" sort of thru me a bit........ I've included a primitive sketch of these markings......... Is this a Roy Rogers mark and if so what is the "L"? ??? Thanks for the info......

Attachments

• design.jpg
    design.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 199

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice haul, keep up the good work.