SILVER,IH,WHEATS ON WEDNESDAY

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Got out a little after work with the XLT and found its nice to be able to get tho's deeper targets.Once again hit a lot I have hit many times and come up with many 5to 9 inch digs.Found a 41NKL, 3-WHEATS, a 1961 silver dime at 7 1/2 about mint.and a 1898 IH.AT 8IN.Dug a bone handle knife,think its a Barlo.Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 289
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 279
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Nice dime Jarman. I always wonder why there arent more of those found in that age just before the Clad. I guess they are so small a lot of detectors didnt pick them up and then they just went deeper and deeper out of all detectors ranges. That is deep though at 7.5 inches. How was the signal? HH

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Marvelous diggins! I cant wait to find an IH! Wtg, silver and even a knife to boot. It does loolk like a barlow, I wonder how far back "barlow" co. dates? I only have seen modern ones with the plastic handle, never seen a bone one! Thanks for the pics, good luck on your next hunt! :)

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks guys,Floater I agree I have thought the same becouse of the amount of dimes i dig after 64,It bounced from the old pull tab/ring to $.50pc.The home that was on the lot was torn down in the early 70's but it went back to 1800's. The depth has a lot to do with the slope of the land and wooded area.Dark soil to about 10 inches before the red clay.The flat land your lucky to have 3-5 inch of good soil before the clay,so given this you would think you could find alot of silver under 5 inches. OR do the coins sink in the clay? This makes 3 IH pulled from this site. ? ? ?

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice day, nothing like getting more performance out of your unit. The xlt is a great detector to use. Bet your liking it alot. I started with one about 10 years ago. If you think the xlt is a great unit you should see what the dfx can do.

Keep at it and good luck on your hunts.

HH Jeremy

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
You're really hittin some deep ones JARMAN.Great job!
Sounds like you're hunting a nice productive site.
Good luck to you on future hunts. Hope to see more of the same.

HH!

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks all,Brandy its so new to me and have just been out two times and running on pre-set coins and jewelry.and having some good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread