224 year old colonial silver found by Colonial Silver Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
KirkPa had to work today which had Zoyboy and I bummin out alittle. So we decided not to hit a virgin site without the bro. We went back to last weeks pasture which provided 3 Coppas,buttons and dropped musketballs. We weren't figuring on striking it rich today but the metal detecting gods had different plans for us. We were detecting for 2 hours with notta thing to show for it. My buddy John Walter popped into our heads and said......"Be patient boys....You know they're in there." All along it was Zoyboy imitating him. He is so good at imitating the Barbaric viking that I looked 360 degrees around for a gigantic redhead with a double bladed battleaxe bearing down on our parameter. We decided to have a break and regroup. After starting again we split up and were soon about 75 yds. apart when i got a below P on penny reading on my precious analog. Out popped a 1784 half real. I instantly scanned the horizon for the John Walter impersonator.I bellowed KYLE YOU FABULOUS SON OF A B@#$H COME OVER HERE SO I CAN KISS THE RESEARCH KING. Zoyboy sprinted the 75 yds. in record time with all his equipment in his hand. He was starting to shake and quiver with what else?...THE COLONIAL FEVER . We decided to call it a day shortly after so we could go back with Kirk next week.
Colonial Silver Zeus

PIC00020.jpg

PIC00024.jpg

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find :)

HH

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, MYYYYYYYYYY ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYNCLE,

I am so frickin' pumped right now that my cup of Cola keeps spilling over the top. :hello2: OOOF

It is great to know that my research is paying off big time for all of us. Let me tell you right now, it is just the beginning of what I know will be a KILLER year of COLONIAL coins, artifacts, butt-ins, musketballs, and trade axes. OOOOF :blob6: :wink: ;D :wink: :coffee2: I just finished two more sites earlier this week. :icon_sunny:

As John "Johnny" Walter would state, "Yup, yup, yup, that is what I am after. Yup, yup, that is my style." :D

It is too bad that Kirk couldn't hunt with us today, but I know that he will be gracing us with his presence many more times during our COLONIAL excursions. :thumbsup:

I am a happy gibbon for you right now! :thumbsup:

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
zoyboy said:
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, MYYYYYYYYYY ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYNCLE,

I am so frickin' pumped right now that I my cup of Cola keeps spilling over the top. :hello2: OOOF

It is great to know that my research is paying off big time for all of us. Let me tell you right now, it is just the beginning of what I know will be a KILLER year of COLONIAL coins, artifacts, butt-ins, musketballs, and trade axes. OOOOF :blob6: :wink: ;D :wink: :coffee2: I just finished two more sites earlier this week. :icon_sunny:

As John "Johnny" Walter would state, "Yup, yup, yup, that is what I am after. Yup, yup, that is my style." :D

It is too bad that Kirk couldn't hunt with us today, but I know that he will be gracing us with his presence many more times during our COLONIAL excursions. :thumbsup:

I am a happy gibbon for you right now! :thumbsup:

Kyle
Thanks Kyle......Today was a picture perfect detecting day. Spanish silver is what we're after . What a day man...I'm still buzzin with endorphines. General Mcarthur said it best when he said "I shall return" That we must dude.
Uncle Zeus

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
This silver find still doesn't take away from our Coppa obsession though. I still like seeing the green disk but it sure is nice to find silver in the hole. Maybe next week we will find both. OOOF
CSZ

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Wow, what an amazing find. You guys have earned these great finds with the research and the sweat.

Keep at it and find some more to show us, please.

DM

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Colonial Silver Zeus, we must go baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack, dude! We must! OOOF :coffee2:

As I kept repeating to you throughout the day, "What would John Walter be saying right now?" :D

Our finds for the past two weeks from this site:
-1784 half real
-1807 Draped Bust cent
-1825 Coronet cent
-1828 Coronet cent
-1958 "Roosie" dime :icon_sunny: :stop: :icon_queen: :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: :-* :icon_profileleft:
-1968 "Roosie" dime :D :hello2: :3some: :blob1: :icon_santa: :icon_farao:

CSZ, this is just the beginning, my bestest :D zoyncle. :D

Kyle

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Nice silver bro. That's why we do what we do. Every time we hit the fields that's the goal. Colonial silver. Nice score and nice research. Good luck on your next hunt there.
HH, Mike in NJ

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
:wav:

Fantastic find, CSZ!! I'm really happy for you. I can feel your rush of endorphins from S. CA... :o I think it would have made it even more rewarding/fulfilling if your COPPA delivery nephew could have joined in your hunt today.

Kyle, your ra-searching resume is increasing by leaps and bounds each week! I'm sure you feel great seeing your uncle score a spanish wilver at your site!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Thanks guys.......Kyle is great at the research end and I'm pretty good at securing permission. Kirk does alittle research and funds our excursions. I would have to say that it is a team effort.
CSZ

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zeus,

Heeelllllll yeah, man, hecccccck yeaahhhhh! :D I was thinking about you guys today while I was wiping some be-hinds. :tongue3: :D One heck of a Spanish half real...John Walter would be very proud of you at this moment! That find right there is what we are after! As he would state, "Yup, 200 year old coins. Yup." :D

Kyle's research is top-notch! We must hit the site again next week! We muuuusssssssssssssst! OOOOOF :D

At this moment, I am :headbang: and :notworthy: to the Zeus of Colonial Wilver! :D

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Thanks Kirk......I was diggin silver when you were wiping behinds. That's alright man we saved you some for next week. As soon as I found it we both blurted out "save the rest for when Kirk is with us" Next week dude we must hit it again.
Uncle Zeus

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Thanks Kirk......I was diggin silver when you were wiping behinds. That's alright man we saved you some for next week. As soon as I found it we both blurted out "save the rest for when Kirk is with us" Next week dude we must hit it again.
Uncle Zeus

Zeus,

I am pumped right now for you! What makes our detecting together even more special is our GREAT teamwork. :wink: Kyle is the best researcher in our county, you are AWESOME at securing permission, and I am INCREDIBLE for the jokes and funding of the trips. :wink: :D

The area where you found the Spanish coin is littered with iron...I remember! :wink: We must go slow, kind of like John Walter. We must listen intently, kind of like John Walter. We must detect...Oh, kind of like John Walter! :wink: :D ;D :thumbsup:

Kirk

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KirkPA said:
Uncle Zeus

Zeus,

I am pumped right now for you! What makes our detecting together even more special is our GREAT teamwork. :wink: Kyle is the best researcher in our county, you are AWESOME at securing permission, and I am INCREDIBLE for the jokes and funding of the trips. :wink: :D

The area where you found the Spanish coin is littered with iron...I remember! :wink: We must go slow, kind of like John Walter. We must listen intently, kind of like John Walter. We must detect...Oh, kind of like John Walter! :wink: :D ;D :thumbsup:

Kirk

Yo, Kirkie Jerkie, we only hit a small portion of the iron-infested area after the half real was found. There have got to be a few more COLONIAL coins waiting to be excavated by us, the three datectateers. :D :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

I am frickin' pumped up still and the coin was found 5 hours ago. :D :thumbsup: Our good buddy, John Walter, would still be saying, "Yup, yup, good, that is what I am after." :D :icon_sunny:

Kyle

Note: All artifacts were found on private property with total consent from the landowner.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! I found the same 1784 last year and it is now around my neck on a custom bezel! Well done!

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
KirkPA said:
Uncle Zeus

Zeus,

Kirk
Thanks Kirk...We have a great team here. Each one of us contributes to the process. We are like 3 cogs in a machine that won't run unless each cog is a TURNIN...OOOOF
CSZ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions