More 2008 NJ Shore Gold!

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
I'm having a pretty good year so far for me.

#9 14k
2008goldring009.jpg

#10 14k
2008goldring010.jpg

#11 14k
2008goldring011.jpg

#12 14k Found yesterday!
2008goldring012.jpg

14k gold chain and charms
goldchain002.jpg

18k gold chain and 14k cross
njgold031208.jpg

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles (Upstate NY) said:
I'm having a pretty good year so far for me.

UMM..Ya think? :D You're way too modest, Charlie! 8) Absolutely beautiful finds!!!

Many congrats! Nana :wink:

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With gold prices the way they are, you could be a rich man by the end of the season.
Awesome bunch of finds!
Leon

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Wow, I'll take #12! :D ;D ;D Yeah, I'd say it's already a good year. Very sweet.

You are making it look too easy. How many hours do you estimate it took you to pull the finds shown here?

Bob

firedup

Jan 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX ,Bullseye 2
Unbelievable If I can find just one piece like that this year I will be very happy. WTG and congrats.

OP
OP
Charles (Upstate NY)

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
Mirage said:
Wow, I'll take #12! :D ;D ;D Yeah, I'd say it's already a good year. Very sweet.

You are making it look too easy. How many hours do you estimate it took you to pull the finds shown here?

Bob

This beach hunting is highly sensitive to conditions. When conditions are right I get gold virtually every time I go out. When conditions are poor its very difficult to find gold, sometimes impossible. If its sanded in and the gold is buried under 2-3 feet of sand well it aint gonna happen so picking a spot is really important.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wow! Like fired up, I would be happy with just ONE find like that! lol Congrats on some great finds!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice gold finds,

Yes you are off to a great yr.

HH Jer

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Fantastic finds, Charles. You're having an awesome year so far!!

I have a question for you.....If I remember right, you're using an Explorer with a WOT coil on the beach to find your gold. Do you feel that the Explorer is sensitive to small gold?? I've been swinging an Explorer SE in the turf and have eye-spotted two small 14k pieces of jewelry on the ground. When I picked up these pieces and waved them across my coil, my machine did not even break threshold. The SE would have missed both of these targets if I hadn't seen them on the ground. One was a small 14k white gold cross and the other was a small 14k yellow gold earring (smaller than the one in your pic). Though I haven't found a 14/18k ring that wasn't detectable with the SE yet. Do you feel that you would have missed those 14/18k necklaces if there were no charms attached? What's your experience been with smaller gold items at the beach.

Thanks,
CAPTN SE
Dan

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW - love the gold ;D

HH

OP
OP
Charles (Upstate NY)

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
Captn I have been using an SE and the stock slimline SE coil for a couple months now. It's a killer combo on beach gold, quite sensitive to small gold. Here's the thing about smaller chains, at best it will hit on the clasp or charm and you don't get a lot of depth on a clasp so the machine has to be fairly quiet and well behaved to hear the hits. That rules out the WOT, its not stable enough blipping and beeping all the time to hunt for small chains. For larger deep gold yes the WOT gets it done but if I'm hunting chains I use the slimline coil. Conditions change all the time on the beach, sometimes the WOT is the way to go for deep gold rings out on the wet sand to waters edge, other times like the last couple months the finds have been up high where the chains are. As for missing the chains without the charms, its hard to say. Keep in mind that salt water is conductive so hits on salt water beaches tend to be stronger than hunting in the dirt.

Captn_SE said:
Fantastic finds, Charles. You're having an awesome year so far!!

I have a question for you.....If I remember right, you're using an Explorer with a WOT coil on the beach to find your gold. Do you feel that the Explorer is sensitive to small gold?? I've been swinging an Explorer SE in the turf and have eye-spotted two small 14k pieces of jewelry on the ground. When I picked up these pieces and waved them across my coil, my machine did not even break threshold. The SE would have missed both of these targets if I hadn't seen them on the ground. One was a small 14k white gold cross and the other was a small 14k yellow gold earring (smaller than the one in your pic). Though I haven't found a 14/18k ring that wasn't detectable with the SE yet. Do you feel that you would have missed those 14/18k necklaces if there were no charms attached? What's your experience been with smaller gold items at the beach.

Thanks,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread