OLD BOTTLE FOUND

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0
OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baddog1 said:
Lonewolf,

What's it say on the front of the bottle?

Baddog1

It says,

MC Kinney

with a big capitol F in the center

and on the bottom it says (Philada)????

It's 1860/70s for sure- don't know much beyond that though!

HH

Lonewolfe

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
I have a few of this type bottle that I dug in the '80's in a dry mill race here near Philly. McKinney was the name of the co. that produced and leased these bottles. Bottles were mass produced and leased to soda and beer makers. Nice bottle Lone!!!

root

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Awesome bottle! Have fun diggin thAT privie!!!!!!!!!!! Im jelious :o Im looking forward to seeing all your great finds from that hole. Good luck on your next hunt. :)

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Very nice bottel Wolfe,Have you Detected around the privy for some old droped coins,for tho's folks who might have been in a hurry back when?

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,

I found a few more this eve. Got out for approx. 2 hrs.

Nothing to top this one yet but still a few nice ones!

Too dark to take pics rgt now, will have to wait for tomorrow morn/afternoon.

Badger,

all I do is soak them in warm water with liquid detergent for 24 hrs (sometimes more) and I use several different bottle brushes to clean them while spraying windex on them after the soaking while still wet. This works really well for 99% of the dirt/grime, etc. most of the time. If they don't come clean the 1st time around, I do it a 2nd and sometimes a 3rd time until they are clean (or the best you can get them anyway)!

Good luck,

Lonewolfe

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
For stubborn stains on the inside,add a little sand and water and shake vigorously. For 'cloudy' glass add a little baby oil to inside and turn the bottle to coat it. This will last a month or so. Beware when buying bottle at shows. Smell the inside first. If you smell oil bring it to the sellers attention.

root

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
root said:
For stubborn stains on the inside,add a little sand and water and shake vigorously. For 'cloudy' glass add a little baby oil to inside and turn the bottle to coat it. This will last a month or so. Beware when buying bottle at shows. Smell the inside first. If you smell oil bring it to the sellers attention.

root
I'll have to try that little trick.......Hey "lonewolfe" are you a bottle Luver yet ? Addicting aint it?/////Nice Digs....

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah!

Been a bottle hunter since the early/mid 70s and have always loved it!

I've got a few soaking rgt now that I'll be taking pics of soon to post. They're stubborn, and don't wanna clean up very easy.

Will post them soon though!

HH

Lonewolfe

R

rvbvetter

Very nice!! I've got some civil war eagle buttons i've dug. That on the back say Horstmann ( Philada ) like your bottle. Got me, why they abbreviated it that way. HH

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
lonewolfe-
Sweet bottle-- Wish I could dig a keeper like that! Been gettin skunked lately.So I switched to detecting for awhile and sorta been breakin my slump-Anyhoo, try cuttin you a shotgun shell crimp off and pour the shot ,perferrably size 6 or 8 with windex and vinager and the stuff you cant brush should come clean with a few shakes.Works great for me,sometimes I have to use a 1 to 5 muratic acid,water and shot to get those stubborn ones. Hope you keep diggin them--And GOOD lUCK

J

JackRussell

I like to make my own special beverages and i use glass bottles.. i get my supplies from midwest brewing in Minneapolis,MN they sell a gentle cleaner that dose wonders to get the fruit thats stuck in the upper area gone and gentle brushes with soft soft bristle's that are long and form to the inside of the bottle to clean try a place like that if you plan in cleaning a few bottles it works great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions