Another buckle and possibly a HEART Martingale

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils

Attachments

• Heart.jpg
    Heart.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
don't know what a martingale is but i'd like to find one it looks old and cool

OP
OP
dcooper1

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
I was kinda like a breast plate for a horse. It helps hold the reins so the horse cant pull his head up too far (thanks dorkyguy for the description).

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another buckle and possible a HEART Martingale

metalfinder said:
I am sure im wrong but I seem to remember this being a bed roll buckle. But what do I know.. (not much). Nice find though! Here is a similar one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-CIVIL-WAR...yZ103995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This item IS NOT a blanket roll buckle!  It was mis-identified in an old relic guide and the ID has stuck!

It is actually a harness buckle shield--to keep the horse's harness from getting snagged on branches.  It is CW-Era, but not specifically CW.  Folks that market this item as CW (with accompanying OVERpricing) may not know what this piece actually is, or they may continue to mis-identify it in order to boost its value.

But it is still a GREAT find!

Regards,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
dcooper1

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the information and links to the other sites.

He is still working on his post of all the other items he found today, including another sword belt plate.

We appear to have gotten the pictures small enough, no he is just redoing his story........for the 6th time. ;D

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another buckle and possible a HEART Martingale

BuckleBoy said:
metalfinder said:
I am sure im wrong but I seem to remember this being a bed roll buckle. But what do I know.. (not much). Nice find though! Here is a similar one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-CIVIL-WAR...yZ103995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This item IS NOT a blanket roll buckle! It was mis-identified in an old relic guide and the ID has stuck!

It is actually a harness buckle shield--to keep the horse's harness from getting snagged on branches. It is CW-Era, but not specifically CW. Folks that market this item as CW (with accompanying OVERpricing) may not know what this piece actually is, or they may continue to mis-identify it in order to boost its value.

But it is still a GREAT find!

Regards,

Buckleboy

Quite right BB. Horse buckle cover, helps to keep the horses mane/hair from getting caught in the actual buckle.

Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread