Second Sword Belt Plate In a Week...Found another buckle but need info!!!

L

lovedigging

Found a hotspot last Wednesday, a 20x20 yard square that was my best dig yet. I dug 23 bullets and an officers sword belt plate in the 3 hours I was there. This evening I was able to return with my brother and dig some more. I hit the first signal a few minutes after we stepped out of the vehicle. When I dug it was an Indian head nickle, but we were unable to locate the date on the coin. Soon after I dug my first full spenser bullet of the day. Once we hit my hotspot, my brother dug what we believe to be a handcuff key. An incredible find! We had been there for about an hour and had dug quite a few bullets between us when I hit a really good signal. When I popped the circle of dirt out I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but it looked like the corner of yet another buckle. I called my brother over and we took pictures as the digging progressed. I was sure glad my brother could join me tonight to be a part of all the incredible things we dug. He had to leave early so I stayed on and took advantage of every possible minute of daylight. I'm glad I did as I ended up digging up the heart buckle, more bullets and another full spenser bullet. I can't find the heart buckle in Crouch's "bible" so if anyone has any information please let me know.

Attachments

• 100_1151 a.JPG
    100_1151 a.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 771
  • sword buckle.JPG
    sword buckle.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 771
  • hole.JPG
    hole.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 769
  • heart buckle.JPG
    heart buckle.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
Re: Second Sword Belt Plate In a Week...WOW!

GREAT JOB......AGAIN.

I'm glad I got to join you (even though I couldn't stay long) and thanks for taking me to your spot again.

Thanks to some of the others for already posting the info on the heart item.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here you go bud... Heart Buckle.jpg
M14
Brass Heart Boss
Heart design bridle leather keeper - years ago, believed to have been blanket roll belt - item is found in many Civil War sites - this one is non dug. Price $25.00

Again, another stellar day in that small 'platinum' honey hole you got. Nice Digs :wink:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Great finds Really nice buckle.
Dman

OP
OP
L

lovedigging

{Sentinel} said:
Here you go bud...

M14
Brass Heart Boss
Heart design bridle leather keeper - years ago, believed to have been blanket roll belt - item is found in many Civil War sites - this one is non dug. Price $25.00

Again, another stellar day in that small 'platinum' honey hole you got. Nice Digs :wink:
Thanks Sentinel For the information, I greatly appreciate it....

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
That Sir, is an impressive array of finds!
Those cartridges, being intact definitely proves your on top a hotspot.
Are you gridding the area, digging all sounds?

GRB

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
OMG,wow!!! What an awesome find. It's absolutely beautiful. It looks to be in almost perfect shape. May I ask how deep and what VDI did it ping at? I have an XLT and have been detecting on a very old farm. That truly is just one of the great finds. I'm down in williamsburg, I now have renewed hope, ;D. Thanks for sharing.

Gary

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice haul, doesn't look like Virginia is hunted out yet. Congratulations on all your finds!

HH, Ringfinder

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Wow, that buckle is something else! WTG and thanks for sharing.

HH,
Pepper

R

RUDY2003

Excellent spot TC!!!!
Love the CW relics......

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice belt plate,

Looks like your onto a great area.

HH Jer

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Too bad those silver wreaths never stayed on those plates long... First buckle for you, or are you a buckle Veteran? If it's your first, welcome to the club!

And those complete spencers are top-notch. They are an excellent find--and their value speaks to the fact that they don't come up intact very often.

Bravo!

-Buckleboy

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful dig TC....Congratulation's on some great recovery's :thumbsup:.I bet the buffalo had your heart racing.HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions