A Little Bit of Beach Time

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Spent a couple of hours at the beach with the family today and squeaked in about 30 minutes of detecting time: 1Q, 5D, 1N, 1P for a total of .81 cents in clad and of course pulltabs and the elusive SamusClubus Canus. Not too shabby for the time involved. I finally got my sensitivity settings right to not only hunt the wet sand, but I ventured into nearly knee deep surf for the first time as well. Nothing to show for it, but at least I know I can do it with this machine.

Yet another example of any detecting time is good detecting time.

HH to all, and to all a good night!

Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
At least you got some coil time in! I look forward to getting back down that way and do some more hunting! Be careful of the species genericus popcanus, as they can be vicious when cornered! HH omnicognic 8)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well done!

HH

Lonewolfe

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job KevFL..........I spent over 2hours at an older local beach.....today...........Gotta half a bag of pop tops and pull tabs,and NO coins.........Not even a memorial........Beach hunting is not my bag aparently..............Wish I knew how to beach hunt ........properly..................Nice Digs KevFL...............WTG

OP
OP
KevGA

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Thanks guys, it was definately nice to get some time out there, there just never is enough time these days.?

I learned my lesson about the sunburn after my last time out, I came back looking like a tomato.? I still have the funny tan lines on my feet from the sandles I was wearing!?

McNickle, it takes some practice for sure; I've only recently been feeling comfortable and as I mentioned my settings had eluded me until this trip. There's a great web site that someone from this site turned me onto a while back that has lots of great info on it:

http://thegoldenolde.com/

The guy was an engineer for NASA and unfortunately passed away a few years ago, but his wife (I believe) was nice enough to keep the site functioning. Take a look, there's a whole lot of good stuff there.

HH

L

lostlugnut

KevFL said:
the elusive SamusClubus Canus.?

Went the other night and found the subspecies BudusWeiserus Canus in a buried in their rarely seen 8 inch nest. There were 3 in there shining at me. I felt I must release them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread