kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
They scraped a small corner of the park to put something there,when I saw that this morning, I grabed the detector. I searched it first with my small loop and found four wheats, and a 1959-d dime along with some new change. It was snowing by this time. I went and got my larger loop and this time found another wheat and a nice 1946-s quarter. Five wheats in all the the oldest being a 1925-s. It is still snowing heavily as I write this. When opportunity knocks you need to take it. HH Kane23

Upvote 0

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hi Kane

They say to make hay while the sun shines... but in your case you found coins while the snow fell.

Thanks for sharing and you are right that being observant to change around you for it can help you find things that have been buried for a while.

HH

Sanat

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
great job! construction has slowed way down in this area but saw some in Madras the other day when I went over....should have stopped and detected a bit but was in a rush to get the studded snow tires off before it snowed again! ::) Great job getting in there while the getting was good! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the site after the snow melted and it dryed out a little,good thing as I found two more silver dimes,this time an XF 1943-s mercury and even better a good 1900 barber dime,I also found four new coins and a 1940 wheatie. The 25-s from yesterday turned out to be a 1923-s after cleaning. I also found a silver and turquise pendant. Today they are digging and hauling dirt,I cringe to think of all the nice coins they are hauling away. At a different area this morning I found my 11th silver ring of the year, a CTR ring. I'll check the site again later to see if there is any chance of finding something else. HH Kane23

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After they were done tearing the area up for most of the day I went back again,finding five more coins one of which was another silver dime a second 1959-d which they must have dug out next to the sidewalk. I also found two old rimfire cartrages,what did they used to do in the park? Just like that I have more silver coins than I found last year....HH Kane23

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
woooohoooooo gratz on the silver count! Can't even begin to think how many you will have by the end of the year!

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangl,
Is that really you in the picture? kane23

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
kane23 said:
Cynangl,
Is that really you in the picture? kane23

Yep....that was taken a couple weeks back at the Salem Gold Show with Idig4beer and Drywalldave! We had a blast!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great going!!! I'm ggoing to keep an eye out for construction sites!!! :thumbsup:

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey kermit,contractor(you haven't met him yet)lives in elgin and they're redoing the sidewalks,he'll let us know when

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Great, Kane...

Good thing you were right on top of it!
And in the snow, too...wow!

HH
rmptr

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kane23 said:
Hi,
They scraped a small corner of the park to put something there,when I saw that this morning, I grabed the detector. I searched it first with my small loop and found four wheats, and a 1959-d dime along with some new change. It was snowing by this time. I went and got my larger loop and this time found another wheat and a nice 1946-s quarter. Five wheats in all the the oldest being a 1925-s. It is still snowing heavily as I write this. When opportunity knocks you need to take it. HH Kane23
pics would be nice...wtg....GH

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry again! No home computer,no digital camera....Kane23

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
kane23 said:
The 25-s from yesterday turned out to be a 1923-s after cleaning.

Sounds like you have the midas touch... try cleaning it again and maybe it will turn into a 1916D... never can tell

HH

Sanat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread