Old House Yields a Mercury and some other stuff.

unclejesse67

Mar 9, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
MXT300
This stuff was found inside without the use of a metal detector. During the remodel of my house, I disassembled a built-in medicine cabinet. There was a natural void underneath where stuff could fall through the cracks of the shelves. In amongst the 3" of dust bunnies, I found this stuff. The reciept is from Montgomery Wards. It has a date of Sept 24 but no year. The pin says: "Veterans World War 1 USA Auxilliary". The old pic is kinda cool. Wish it had some writing on the back to identify someone. I don't recognize the buildings in the background.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

Penny Dates: 1917, 1936s, 1941d, 1945d, 1953s, Dime: 1920.

I also found about $10 in clad in the ductwork that fell through the floor vents.

Attachments

• PICT0136.JPG
    PICT0136.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 274
  • PICT0137.JPG
    PICT0137.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0
S

seger98

All that fell into a gap from the medicine cabinet?? Imagine what you'd find in the duct work? ???

OP
OP
unclejesse67

unclejesse67

Mar 9, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
MXT300
I guess I should explain the cabinet a little better. It's not one of those little wall mounted ones. It's more of a towel cabinet about 18"X 24" with four shelves. The bottom shelf sits about 3-4" off the floor and the void is underneath that. The shelves have some large gaps 1/4-3/8" in places to allow stuff to fall through. At some point, they put shelf paper which closed off the gaps.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is VERY cool. I love the old photo. I found a small watch, a silver Rosie and a souvenir baseball coin in my 1950's ductwork.

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread