Interesting day

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Went to a local park this morning and got my goal of 4 quarters and more. Interesting thing was that I got a nickle hit about 8 inches. Now usually I don't bother with things that deep. I leave that to you guys n gals that don't mind digging but since I was in sand - I dug. It was a kids ball cap! I have seen those around at the parks a lot and just leave them there but since this one was actually buried - I brought it home. I couldn't figure out why my detector hit on it. The adjustment in back is plastic and the cap is cloth but then I put my pointer on the button at thet top and viola! That was what set my detector off. All in all I ended up with 4 coins that the mower had caught - 3 pennies and 1 quarter, the hood off a toy car, and $1.89 in clad plus some other odds and ends of junk. It was a good day for me. I'll take it! :wink:

ballcap25041008.jpg

junknmoney041008.jpg

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome pretty lady! Exceeding your goals again! Glad you got out and sure glad that ball cap was in sand....would NOT like to dig it up in a grassy area, that is for sure! Congrats on a good day!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Hey Mumzie!

I see you also found some of those famous clipped coins... are they spanish gold? LoL

I'm doing an auto restoration here... what model is that hood from? ;D

Glad you're out there having fun...
HH
rmptr

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the good day mumszie...
Those quarters add up pretty quick...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the good day Mumszie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread