Mow the lawn fer a buffalo!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Well I have been eyeballing this house about a block away that was built in 1929. It is a very BIG house that I would soon find out used to be pretty fancy. The people who live there have not mowed the lawn EVER this year. So I came up with the ole ill mow your lawn if you let me detect pshyco-babble. Anyway I went ther , nobody was home so I left my card and a note. I got a call the next day from a gal in NEW YORK! She said she dont know how long shed be gone but mow the lawn and do whatver you want!!!!!!Oh and by the way I own the house next door aswell!!! I was stoked...and out the door I ran! I grabbed the mowers...push I might add, and went to mow. The grass and dandelions were now up past my knees llol. I had to mow it twice took a couple hours but WORTH it all the way! Today I didnt find to much old stuff, I started out in the front of the house by the stairs in the old flower beds. I said the house used to be nice, now it is like the DELTA house , couch on the porch, beer cans ,I started detecting and was waiting for Bluto,Flounder, and Otter to come out the door! I was in the flower bed and my machine was going apecrap. COIINS everywhere! No old ones in it though. I got sick of it so I went to the side of the yard where when I mowed I found an old man made liittle pond. I started by it and came up with the buffalo, then kept on from there. TONS of bottlecaps, tabs, garbage. Found all these cars and more junk. Then my last find of the day, after I heard the wife yelling for me, I found the wheat. I cant wait to go back tomorrow there has got to be some GOOD goodies thar somwheres! Dont be afraid to knock on a door..ya never know what will happen! Seeyall again soon!

Attachments

• carz n coinage.jpg
    carz n coinage.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Xtreme.jpg
    Xtreme.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 318
  • BUFFALO.jpg
    BUFFALO.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 192W.jpg
    192W.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Hey Mystro7, that's a great idea! Did you detect IN the pond? If it has been there for as long as the house, it could be full of "water buffaloes"! It was a common practice to throw coins into a garden pond and make a wish, maybe your wish will come true! ;) HH omnicognic? 8)

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Mystro......Be careful with that 192? wheaty..........It is possible that last digit is a 2 with no mint mark.........That
would pay for having a lawn mowed for a couple years ! H.H.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG!!! Mystro7,,, Keep a knock'n til they let ya in.... ;D
Good luck with the rest of the hunt! Keep us posted...

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
awesome story mystro! looks like that idea payed off bigtime! thats usin the ol noggen!!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea Mystro and some nice finds as well! Also a good idea by Omni, detect the little pond. HH, Mike

CS110

Feb 12, 2005
Nice finds. I like the mow your lawn idea. There are a couple of old houses around where I live with some overgrown yards. I might have to pay them a visit really soon.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

I'd hunt the pond like Bavaria Mike suggested- I'd bet 100% there will be coins in it!

HH

Lonewolfe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, Mystro. Do I see rings in your pictures?

I'll let you detect my yard if you come and mow it. We only mow about 20 acres!! ;D

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, Sweet... I smell silver!!

Keep it up and HH!!

Attachments

• digdeep.jpg
    digdeep.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 187
  • silvercoin.jpg
    silvercoin.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 243
  • dig.jpg
    dig.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 249
  • dig.jpg
    dig.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 190
  • digdeep.jpg
    digdeep.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 186
  • silvercoin.jpg
    silvercoin.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 186

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
Great story.

You have inspired me. I drive by at least 2 places on my way to and from work that look abandoned. lawn not mowed. In fact one is for sale.

I think i will leave a note, that is as long as you don't mind me robbing your idea?

great job I am excited for you.

JT

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some great stuff you got there Mystro! And you improved your neighborhood! ;D

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread