Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally made it back out to the foundation on my buddy's property. I used my 5.3 coil this time, hoping to see through all of the tons of iron. It made little difference, unfortunately. The most exciting find was the coin purse clasp. Visions of old coins filled my head as I rechecked the hole, but alas, no coins. I think this is one of those places that I am going to have to remove all the iron and moved a large amount of stone to get to the good stuff. I think this site has potential, it's just buried under feet of stone.

On the way out, I may have found the dumpsite. I dug a large piece of iron and found a small accumulation of glass and pottery. Not sure how old it is or if there is more there, but I plan on inspecting that spot further next time.

Attachments

• foundation.jpg
    foundation.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 400
  • foundation2.jpg
    foundation2.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 402
  • foundation3.jpg
    foundation3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 397
  • finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 381
  • clasp.jpg
    clasp.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 395
  • glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 391
  • foundation.jpg
    foundation.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 386
  • foundation2.jpg
    foundation2.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 388
  • foundation3.jpg
    foundation3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 390
  • finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 389
  • clasp.jpg
    clasp.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 387
  • glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm having the same frustration at a foundation site myself: lots of work with little return. You know something's there; you have to weigh the work involved versus the payoff.

OP
OP
Kiros32

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
halfdime said:
I'm having the same frustration at a foundation site myself: lots of work with little return. You know something's there; you have to weigh the work involved versus the payoff.

HD,

This is the foundation that I have mentioned before. It seems this may be a lost cause, as you can see how much of the walls are left, and assuming the stone remains in the area, I am looking at 6-8 of stone in and around the area. I pounded it pretty good with my shooter coil, and not much was found. It's one of those places that you hope produces, should produce, but may nto be worth the effort. It demands one more trip though at least.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Hey kiros32, that purse latch indicates promise. There may be more there. Just have to patiently keep hope. Looks like a nice place tho. I just got permission to detect at a house close to the RR tracks. He told me that there once had been a depot next to his property and that his house had been moved closer up to the main road in early 1900. I have hit the open fields all around the place and yet nothing. I did manage to find a couple of pulls and chewed tin cans. But that's about it. I know there is something there, just got to find the sweet spot. Keep the faith. Hope to see you at the next hunt. Take care and much luck with you hunts.

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Guy's, Sometimes you just have to have a project site and keep going back until eventually you hit silver or Gold HH :thumbsup:

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Good luck, it looks like a great spot!
HH
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread