KG Copper, buttons and doodads

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
This is the only coin found between us today. I can't get a date off it yet. Maybe some hot peroxide. It was a good sign since I found it early into the hunt. I also found the piece of thimble, the finial and two buttons here. Did'nt take too long to move on to site B. The pickens were slim. The second site is where I found most of the buttons and lead. Not sure why the one piece would've been holed. The second site was hard to swing due to the spring growth coming up and the stubble that's there. We're trying to get a couple more hunts in before everything is seeded and it's back to waiting for the harvest. Good Luck out there.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 4-20.jpg
    4-20.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 333
  • kg.jpg
    kg.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 337
Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well not too bad a hunt, I find getting a coin right away usually the kiss of death for not finding another one that day. :) Looks like a KGI?

Can't say why the piece has a hole in it, except maybe as a weight for something.

My son hunted for about two hours this morning, and said he was quiting at 9am, well at 9am he got his only good reading and it was a Draped Bust Large Cent, but in horribly corroded shape.............But, at least he ended his hunt with a find.....
I did yard and housework today instead of pingin. :'(

Don

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Don in SJ said:
Well not too bad a hunt, I find getting a coin right away usually the kiss of death for not finding another one that day. :) Looks like a KGI?

Can't say why the piece has a hole in it, except maybe as a weight for something.

My son hunted for about two hours this morning, and said he was quiting at 9am, well at 9am he got his only good reading and it was a Draped Bust Large Cent, but in horribly corroded shape.............But, at least he ended his hunt with a find.....
I did yard and housework today instead of pingin. :'(

Don
Hiya Don. Yeah most of the time it's exactly what you said. "kiss of death". I was thinking maybe the lead could've been holed for a fishing weight. Who knows?
Take care, Mike

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Mike ....Nice Huntin'

:wink:

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Nice King George Copper! Colonial coppers can be bittersweet...exciting when you see that large disk in the dirt, but frustrating when they're so corroded. May your next one have a clear date!

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
bookfisher said:
Nice King George Copper! Colonial coppers can be bittersweet...exciting when you see that large disk in the dirt, but frustrating when they're so corroded. May your next one have a clear date!
So true. Most of the time years of fertilizer and the plow really do a number on these oldies.
HH, Mike in NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread