Two evening haul cleaned

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi all, just as I was getting hooked (naa I was already hooked) my MD got ripped off out of my truck....a year went by before I could get over losing it and afford another one...I got it Saturday, and went out that night and Sunday night, here in Colorado Springs....tickled to death with my two day haul, and spent Monday night and tonight cleaning them up...the IH's and one dime were found at an old school site, the others were from a park (junk not pictured, included a spent co2 cartridge from a pellet gun, a button, and a rusted eyeglasses frame)...can't wait to go to some older sites I know of. I love reading and watching everyone's stories and pictures. Now I got everything back in place, I can start sharing some of mine....

HH everyone
Springsman
Colorado Springs, CO

Attachments

• coin 003.jpg
    coin 003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Alright! Good to hear your back again! Nice finds ya got there, looking forward to seeing the many more to come! Good luck on your next hunt :)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

Too bad about your 1st detector - it's all in the past now though!

HH and keep posting!

Lonewolfe

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Springsman....Welcome back! Nice little pile o' coins for two hunts. One thing though, 1st dime in the third row is marked 1967. Wouldn't that be a clad dime? Maybe it says 1961, cause it sure looks silver to me! Great row of old indians! Keep doin' what you're doin'~CO2 ;D

OP
OP
springsman

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok, someone help me out, I'm a newb...it IS a 1967 dime does that make it clad or silver? I've heard of the new quarters being called clad, but I didn't think they had any silver, and I've never heard of the older coins being called clad, but I do know most had silver until mid sixties...so I'm a little confused, but want to learn. I was more excited about the IH's and the '79 Suzan B....but if the dime's something special I'd love to learn about it... THNX all.

Springsman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
definatly nice finds Springsman, must be nice getting back into the swing of things :D , what type of MD are you using ?.

Pat.

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

springsman said:
Ok, someone help me out, I'm a newb...it IS a 1967 dime does that make it clad or silver?
Springsman
Quarters , dimes 1965 on up..... 8) 8)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seven Indian Heads...You're off to a great start! Or should I say a great restart? :)

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
don't feel bad springsman, it seems to work quite well, i'm using a 30 year old garrett model that i just got this past winter :-[ , only problem is i can't seem to find many coins that are older than my MD. ;D

Pat.

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coins!!! I still haven't found any IHs. Found my first barber dime and gold ring in the last month here in Colorado Springs but no IHs. :( Wanna share sites? :)

You should join the club here in town, meeting is tonight (Thursday) at El Namethes or El Tejon mexican food restaurant on the corner of Las Vegas and Tejon Street at 7pm (spelled something like that). We usually get there around 6pm to eat dinner and socialize.

OP
OP
springsman

springsman

May 27, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks DeadLiz...Can't tonight already have a dinner plan, however I am VERY interested in joining and meeting some local yocals who md also....I know where El Tejon restaurant is, I work over on 8th street at the Center for Creative Leadership...big red/glass building at the top of 8th street and Brookside....anyway sorry can't come tonight, but want to get together and join...any dues or anything like that??

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Nice digs! Welcome back to the addiction!! It really sucks about your first detector. Hopefully the clad will add up quick and you can upgrade!

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread