Tokens, Tokens and Silver, last weeks finds!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Gary, my hunting partner and I got out to some old log cabin sites last week. Wow, Gary smoked me with his token finds and he also came up with a Canadian fish scale.

His finds are as follows, a 1891 Canadian Fish Scale, a 1853 half dime, a 1877 Seated Quarter, three Indian Head pennies 1897, 1898, & 1907. He also founda One Penny Token with Dum Tacet Clamat on the face, from what I could find out it is from 1890. He also found a 1933 Chicago Worlds Fair Token, with A Century of Progress on it. He also found a Aerobatic Pilot Belt buckle and a Badge with 42nd Annual Session Supreme Council, Columbus, June 25-30, 1929.

I found some good finds also. I found a 1916 one Franc, a 1913 Buffalo nickel, two Indian Head pennies 1890 & 1907, three Mercury dimes 1934, 1942, 1944, a Roosevelt dime 1964 and a small rouge case and two wheaties.

Hope you all had a good week of hunting, I can't wait till they start working the fields around here.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• gary\'s belt buckle and coins.jpg
    gary\'s belt buckle and coins.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 538
  • dum token.jpg
    dum token.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 545
  • council badge.jpg
    council badge.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 529
  • Denny\'s total day\'s finds on Monday.jpg
    Denny\'s total day\'s finds on Monday.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 538
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, Ringfinder, those are some great finds there.
Congrats to you and Gary on a terrific hunt.

I'm really liking that 1 Franc coin!! The seateds and fishscale are great too. :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH my goodness! :o You two had an AWESOME hunt! Fantastic finds!!!

Congrats! Nana :)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone for there replies, we always have fun when we go hunting together. Can't wait for
tomorrow. ( Retired here )

HH all, Ringfinder

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Denny,
You always make me proud to live in Ohio. :wink: ;D You guys always find some great stuff. Just a seated quarter, ho hum. :D I think if you still were hunting with the ACE250 you might be finding as much good stuff as Gary. ;D :D ;D

That is a different 1933 World's Fair token. I found one but it had the skybridge on it and was elongated.

Man, I wish I was retired. I got at least 10 to go.....

Bob

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent :)

HH

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT stuff! That pilot's buckle is wonderful :thumbsup:

My grandmother's cousin was in WWI and brought back some Francs just like the one you found.
Must have been a popular thing to do.

Take care,
watercolor

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watercolor said:
GREAT stuff! That pilot's buckle is wonderful :thumbsup:

My grandmother's cousin was in WWI and brought back some Francs just like the one you found.
Must have been a popular thing to do.

Take care,
watercolor

Thanks Watercolor, that is the second one that has been found at that site, Gary found one. Think you are right about WW I. I can't find anything out about the belt buckle, but I'm still looking.

Mirage said:
Denny,
You always make me proud to live in Ohio. :wink: ;D You guys always find some great stuff. Just a seated quarter, ho hum. :D I think if you still were hunting with the ACE250 you might be finding as much good stuff as Gary. ;D :D ;D

That is a different 1933 World's Fair token. I found one but it had the skybridge on it and was elongated.

Man, I wish I was retired. I got at least 10 to go.....

Bob

LOL, that's a good one Bob, I always have the ACE 250 with me, it's kinda a part of my body.

I am trying to learn how to use my new Fisher F75, cause I hope to be hunting in Va. for a CW hunt this fall and need to use this detector at the site. I hear there is lots and lots of iron in the soil.

By the way, since your not retired and Gary and I are we could come over to eastern Ohio and helpy you dig some of your sites, while your working, LOL Hey what are friends for. LOL< LOL

Thanks for everyones replies,
HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread