found a knights templar badge

ohio_ken

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2008
Hi,

today I found an old badge. it was about 6 inches deep and I thought I was digging another can. then out pops this badge. It says Cincinnati commandery K.T. #3 on it. basically it is the cincinnati, Ohio unit of the Knights templar.

I am not sure how old it is, but I am happy to have found it. If anyone knows about the approximate date, please let me know.

thanks,

Ken.

knightstemplarbadge.jpg

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice find, Ken! :o

Congrats! Nana :)

OP
OP
O

ohio_ken

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2008
thanks everyone for the replies...

When I got home this evening I had a message from one of the members of the group. They had looked up my phone number in the phone book and called me. I will be calling them back tomorrow morning. The guy that called me is a 27 degree freemason from the scottish york rite... I am very excited to hear what he has to say. I have a feeling it may be very old.

I know they are going to see if I will give them the badge.. :'( :'( i really like it, but if they want it for display or something then I will give it to them.

anyway, thanks for looking :)

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to have found it great dig and HH. Maine Relic

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Congrats on the Nice find! I don't think I could just give it up either unless it would be on display with my name as the finder. You never know, it could open more doors for new locations to hunt.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That is a sweet find. My son and I have found a decent amount of Mason stuff. We believe that some of the stuff we found was from one of the memebers who formed the first Mason Lodge in Cleveland - 1917. So, most likely your badge is from the early 1900's to about 1940's. Just my guess.

Bob

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
That would be a dream come true for me, I love finding stuff like that let me know if you wanna sell.

SEMPER FI :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions