1817 Lg Cent - More 17th Century Mohawk Relics - & 17th Century Silver Trade Rin

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
1817 Lg Cent - More 17th Century Mohawk Relics - & 17th Century Silver Trade Rin

Greetings T-Netters .....

Started my day off at the Mohawk indian site attacked by the Dutch in the 1660's We've hit the site hard and grided it several times but relics still present themselves.

Plenty of cut brass points and lead pieces , no carved animals this time out but I'm sure there will be more. :thumbsup:

BUT a surprise find !!! What sounded off as just another piece of brass turned out to be what is left of a ,my oppinion,silver trade ring !!
Bent and missing the left tab but very ornate and made of thin sheet silver ! No hallmark of any kind but the backside of the design
looks rough...like it has a tab soldered to keep it together.
Next hunt I plan to grid the area HARD ! :whip2:

Afterwards I spent the last hour of daylite at a 18th century tavern type home...The owner gave me the A-OK the previous day but was skeptical and just laughed when I told him of colonial coins and relics. :laughing3:
Twenty minutes into checking the front yard I get a solid 85 VDI and a 1817 Lg Cent comes outta the ground !!

I showed the owner and he was flabbergasted...Just could'nt believe the coin was in his yard ( I loved proving him wrong )
I promised the coin to him next week when I return & I will be giving this yard the hard search it'll need because there is quite a bit of junk.

Back to work now and another 6 days till I can hunt again :sad11:

Good luck to everyone and thanks for looking :wave:

Derek

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 714
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 718
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG