possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone ;D
These are my finds from the past week and today--- minus the cans, pull tabs, bottle caps, nails, and other trash. I started off the first day hunting alone at an old coal mining area and found this little bronze statue near the entrance to one of the mines. It's about 7" tall and 3" elbow to elbow and then I found my first pad lock since I started detecting(the YALE one). The next day I met James(T-net's James in Alabama) and we went to a old church where I found another pad lock(the Qualitey one) and then we went to a park close by and found some clad and a piece to a wooden fishing lure.
042108.JPG
0421&2308.JPG
DSC02595.jpg

James took the picture of the church.

The next day we started off at a place called Avondale Mills that James got permission to search and found some clad and he also found some wheaties and I found this cool gold medal of some sort and a Mardi Gras coin.
042408.JPG
042408a.JPG

We then left and went to a old house a friend owns and we found some more clad and James found some wheats and a 1920 silver dime. I also found one 1937 wheat, a shotgun shell head stamp, and a key.
We ended the night with some good conversation and some chicken that Jame's wife made. :thumbsup:
MS042408.JPG

Today we met back at the Avondale Mills site and found some more clad and I found another headstamp, a little pin that says Avondale ZD on it, and my first old toy car. I found a newer hotwheel car once(a phone company truck) but this is my first old one. I also found a little pendant that has 11 diamonds(might be fake,I don't know). Then we went to another area owned by the same company which was used as a ball field some time ago and the first thing I found was this 14k gold ring :tard: :tongue3: ;D. I couldn't believe it. It's my first ever gold ring and it has diamonds in it. It has someones initials on the inside of the band but no name or I'd try to find them and return it. I also found some more clad, some bullets, and etc and then we got rained out.

042708.JPG

It has been one fantastic week but I believe the best treasure I found this week(as far as I can tell so far :wink:)
is my friendship with James. He's one cool dude 8)!!

Happy Hunting to Everyone!

Ed

Upvote 0

Peak190

Apr 23, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212x,Deleon ,Cibola,Tejon,Cortez,MXT,GTI2500
Nice ring!!!! :thumbsup:

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
The ring is beautiful! Congrats on your first. Congrats also on your new friendship with James.

P

Pentico

Fantastic day!
Congrats on that first ring it is a good one for sure.
Many more to come keep digging!
D Nugget

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Sweet finds Ed. and what a great gold ring find.

Woo who, thanks for sharing.

Good Luck.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll went to Avondale Mills?!!!!! :o :o

Sounds like you two had a GREAT time!!! 8) AND found some GREAT keepers!! Of course the ring is awesome, and I really like that statue! :thumbsup:

Ya'll did good! Congrats on those finds! Nana :wink:

jamesinalabama

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2008
Hey Ed!

Man, you did great yesterday finding your first gold ring :o plus the pin, sports car and the rest of those cool finds Just wanted to congratulate you again on what a great day of detecting you had. It's really nice having you as another detecting partner and sharing the same interest and enthusiasm in metal detecting as I do. Looking forward to many hours of TH'ing together. Anytime after 5:00 PM when I get off work during the week we can meet up somewhere. Just give me a call or email. Hey, you're one cool dude too and I'm glad I know ya! :thumbsup:

thumbsup.gif

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring is awesome. :o I have yet to find my first gold ring. I have an aversion to digging pulltab signals sometimes.

OP
OP
possumheaded

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gals and Guys for the replies. The ring rang up as a nickle on my 2500. I had already dug so many pull tabs and only 2 nickles that I almost past it up. The reason I didn't is because it was dead on it and didn't bounce from the nickle to something else. This week is the first time I've hunted exclusively with the 2500 and I think I'm getting the hang of it. I was hoping the car was a Tootsie car but I can't find a name on it. The Avondale ZD pin stands for Zero Defects. It was a inspection process started in 1921 and was such a sucess it grew and was continued to be used so there's no way of knowing the date of the pin. :'(
How could I find out if the pendant contains real diamonds? I've always heard if there are little holes behind them that they are real. All of them have holes behind them as well as the ones in the ring. I guess I could take them to a jeweler.
Does anyone have an idea of what the gold medal thingy is. It's pretty heavy and has some other type alloy in it because a magnet has a slight pull when you hold it next to it but it won't stick to it. It has 2 places on the back like it was welded to something. If anyone has an idea or would like, I'll post a pic of the back.
Anyway, thanks again everyone! :D
HH,
Ed
P.S. What you doing tonight James? I can stay out a little later because I have tomorrow off. ;D

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Awesome ring find, Ed!

Way to go!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring is a really really awsome ring !! But I would say the find of the day is that statue!! It's priceless!! Great day!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread