diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,I hear ya,i'm gonna be dodging the rain here in Hollywood today.I'm gonna try anyway.Gotta go-diggummup :)

OP
OP
P

Pooley

would be nice to have a totally waterproof detector but I cannot afford one those high dollar machines.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
weve had rain here too,and now that the rain is gone the heat and humidity are coming in right behind it.gonna have to hunt early early mornings cause it will be too hot any other time.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pooley said:
It has been raining here in Florida for almost a week now.? Havent been able to get out and hunt? >:(
Thinking about putting a plastic cover over my MD and going anyway.

Duct tape an ex large zip-loc baggie over it! ;D

CS110

Feb 12, 2005
Rain here as well. Between rain and work and moving, I've only been out detecting once in the past 3 weeks, its killing me!

OP
OP
P

Pooley

It will be easy to make the 250 safe to hunt in the rain. A friend and myself are going out tomorrow morning to a couple of old places, one I have hunted before for a few minutes that produced to old wheaties and another place that I have not hunted yet, an old baseball field that had an old homesight on it and an old church. Hopefully will be able to find some silver ;)

Wayne from Maine

Mar 22, 2005
Portland Maine
The first 10 years of MD I didn't have a water machine. and 90% of my hunting was in the water. My secret was to double bag. Tape each bag seperately, makes it harder to get water in. Don't use cheap bags. When I was using waders we tucked it inside the waders, with no waders we hung it around our neck with a cheap camera strap. When I went to a wet suit I floated it on a small inner tube.
It is important to remove the MD from the bags after each hunt.

Note this isn't 100% fool proof, brief moisture always responded to a warm hair dryer. I still have the 1235x, with some fresh batteries, I expect it could pick up a ring or two!

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
I always saran wrap my 350 1st and then double bag. Taping each bag seperately, have never had a problem. Have taken waist deep. Only trouble I had was weighting the coil to stay down. non water garrett coils want to float. Solved that by finding some lat rocks and bagging them then taping them to coil top.

HH Vrent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread