Found A Class Ring...But I know The Owner

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
went across the street to the middle school for about an hour today ...hunting the HUGE dirt piles that came for the area where they are putting the new high school football stadium....didnt find much...1930 wheatie........started to get dark so i was kinda just swinging as i walked....got a clad quarter....little bit later got a LOUD foil/gold signal on the Excalibur....been diggin a lot of foil so nearly passed it up but it sounded shallow so i dug....out popped this monster class ring.....13.8 grams, silver in color but no K marking (any help?)...started wiping the dirt off and saw the guys name....thought "I went to school with a guy by that name"....then I saw the school name.....same school I went to....(keep in mind I am 3 towns away from the school I went to)...then saw the year...1 year behind me....then I thought "Dammit..gotta give it back" lol...looked in the phone book but he isnt listed.....as long as it has been since we were in school they wouldnt have any contact info on him and the info on his parents may be outdated....gonna keep trying tho.....dammit lol...this is my 3rd class ring and havent been able to keep one yet lol....oh well....easy come easy go lol

good luck all
Marty

Attachments

• MVC-279F.JPG
    MVC-279F.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 833
  • MVC-278F.JPG
    MVC-278F.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 834
  • MVC-280F.JPG
    MVC-280F.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 833
  • MVC-281F.JPG
    MVC-281F.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 830
Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Nice ring. Your doing the right thing to find the owner. Sooner or later you will find a nice keeper. ;)

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree thats a nice thing you are doing and it will come back around to you....

boodydarn

Mar 26, 2008
Auburn., Al
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Bandit, Garrett Ace 250, DFX
I do not think I have met a md'er yet who would not return a keep-sake yet if they could find the owner. Bravo to you! Doing the right thing is always easy!!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Nice dig :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Contact the class reunion committee they usually have a current record/address of most of the students of their class.

SemoPreacher

Oct 23, 2005
Lilbourn, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Great ring, I found one the first part of this year, had a guy's first name on it, Buck, it was from Fennville Michigan, i found it in New Madrid Missouri, over 1200 miles from Fennville, in the outer edge of a graveyard. I can't locate the guy, tried the school, the alumni and the reunion committees...seems like he dissapeared from off the face of the earth. But i will keep trying...again Powerful find and keep 'em swingin', semo

jamesinalabama

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2008
Hey Marty!

Congrats on the class ring. It's been several months since I've been up to Albertville and the only time I went was when Nana and you were detecting the large field across from your house. How have ya been? It would be nice to get another group together and go detecting again. Maybe you could swing down here sometime and hunt the old fort in Anniston with us. It's also been a while since I last posted on this forum.

Take care!

James in Alabama

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
funny story try classmates .com, I actually talked to a old boyscout/highschool friend tonight that i havent seen in +20 yrs, weve been living in the same town for the last 13 yrs, crazy world eh.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D Marty!

How cool is that! You went to school with the guy and found his ring almost in your front yard, three towns over. 8) What a great story! I do hope you find him. That would make a super end to a fantastic story!~

Love the ring and the story! Nana :wink:

Let me know when ya'll get a group together to go huntin'.

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
I havent found a class ring yet but I think its great you are trying to return it.

OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I appreciate everyone taking the time to look and respond.....I dont mind returning a class ring....kinda hard on the conscience keeping one if i can find the owner....wish I had mine back but that will never happen lol.....unless I find it after it has been smelted and turned into another ring of some kind lol.....besides... the MD gods may be watching when i return it....

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol as many as you have been returning maybe someone will find yours and return it too. Beautiful ring and really cool story. Can't wait to see the ending when you find him!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I agree take it back to owner he would know more about the ring it may have been specially made for him. Reward is in order. :angel4:

richdigger

Apr 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Sharp Shooter
Try Myspace as well almost everyone is on there nice find and you will be rewarded in the end. gl and HH

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Unless you graduated in 1891, odds are the school board DOES have the information. And there's always the net.

Congrats on the find!!! She's a beauty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread