My Park finds and Cleaning method(55 Clad,2Wht,1Token--4Pics)

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangin around the kiddies playground,at 6 am,with a Metal Detector in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other.....
I guess it doesn't get to much use anymore......Grass and weeds growing threw the wood chips....It was dug a couple inches into a corner of this Late forties / 50's park...............
I found this stuff in about 3 hours or so .....going low and slow (I want to find a gold ring *%()*#@* it).....but had to settle for this stuff...... I went home put them by my scanner bed,and took off to go visiting,and see my family........
I got home around 11 pm last night,had something to eat ,scanned the coins,and tryed a cleaning method I had read about on line.....I cleaned not only these finds ,but some mercs,an IH cent,a few buffalos, and a few more clad to see how they would come out....
I was up cleaning coins,drying and scanning them in my computer till 2 am.........It wasn't till I was posting on Artifact/Coin Cleaning & Preservation ......>>>That I realized that I had forgot to rescan the 45 Mems...after cleaning them.....Thats a shame......cause they came out pretty good....
At the bottom.........after these four pics is the link to the site where I found out about this method,with full instructions and even couple of professional pictures of coins cleaned by this method.......Here is a link to my post in Artifact/Coin Cleaning & Preservation .....if you like the article and these pics...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,14068.0.html

M Y F I N D S ............(B E F O R E C L E A N I N G)

B4Cleaning.jpg

CopyofB4Cleaning.jpg

000_0898.jpg

...............................A F T E R C L E A N I N G M Y F I N D S ..........................................................................................................................................................................

B-AfterCleaning.jpg

Heres a link where you can read about this method...........http://scottybuck.home.att.net/crg/clean.htm
I hope you enjoyed this........I will take my time,the next time I try it and do less coins at a time....and I will scrubb them with baking soda / or / ToothPaste afterwords................Also rubbing some shooters choice FP 10 gun lube on as a final step.
It really makes a cleaned and dulled coin shine .......

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

I use a "tumbler" it cleans coins very good!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Nice haul Mcnickel. Tha Mcquarters came out decent. I have seen this post before . Boiling the water and then putting the coins in the water with the foils and baking soda wash. Looks good. Thanks for bringing that one up. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread