Silver ring find at the local school...is it beyond hope???

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all - I hit the local schoolyard again for an hour today. Found the daily clad, of course, and a silver ring that looks like it got run over by a bus, lol! The .925 was clearly visible though. I need opinions! Is this something a jeweler could straighten out if I wanted to, and if so, is it worth it? I know the "worth it" part is up to me, but what I am asking is "would you bother"? Thanks everyone and HH!

Attachments

• 6-6-05 Silver Ring.JPG
    6-6-05 Silver Ring.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I am doing. Any trash jewelry I find that I think is not worth repair I am going to have melted down into bars. Just one idea.

Keep it up, HH!!

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
It would probably cost more to repair it than it's worth. Still a good find in my book, Silver is silver!

F

Floater

Find a ring sizer rod and get it round and throw it in the treasure chest with the rest. You can tell storys or melt it down. I would wait for winter though. That way you have a little more time on your hands. HH

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Tk, you can get a ring mandrel and mallet and work back into shape may take a bit of time. I bought a mandrel and mallet set for 20.00 off ebay probaly one of best things i bought plus friends and family always want their rings straightened
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I was hoping you'd say repair it, cuz that's waht I wanted to do. I will take Floaters advice and wait till winter, that way if I find more beat up jewelry this summer I can take it in, or try fixing it myself as per Dave-enc's advice all at the same time. For now it's sitting in my "treasure chest" waiting patiently! HH!

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Nice ring, I hope you can repair it. Be careful though, I stepped on one of my rings and tried to pull into shape and it broke. Using the right tool is always a good idea :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread