Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

Hello all,

Well Its about time I got back in the game. ;D Long first quarter of the season and I only found a Rosie >:( this season, till now. :D Today was a long day its about 10:00pm (EST) on May/ 9 /2008. I got home about an hour ago. :tongue3: Me and my hunting partner have been working areas in a bigger and bigger circumference from where we live. We found a nice little park today after about 2 hours of driving. :tard:

Well all day long since about 2pm(EST) I dug everything in the high VDI 80's + On my MXT. I dig nothing but clad lots of clad just in the 1965 -1967 range and about 7 wheat's. :-\ The first silver I dig is around 7 or 8pm (EST) a 1960 Rosie. :o The area still sounds off but reads as a nickle/pulltab VDI 18-22 So I say to my partner who first spotted the hit as I was hunting. I was sure it was a pulltab :icon_scratch: so I said go ahead you can dig it. It was another ROSIE! 1940's or something. :icon_scratch:

Anyway I continued to hunt the area where we found silver for about another hour. Nothing found :-\ I moved to another area that I found some wheat's in earlier. :icon_sunny: I pulled some clad and another wheat. 8) Soon after that I moved to the bottom of the area. I got a nice 94+ (50 cent hit) and out popped a nice old Solid Gold ring that weighs about an ounce at 4 inches. ;D :o :o Its bent but I don't care its easily fixable. It was kinda getting dark fast. I continued to hunt faster and managed 2 mercs before we left too. ;D :icon_king:

Moral of the story is...
I was hunting hard most the day fast and furious. :tongue3: I was finding nothing but clad. :icon_scratch: Around 5 or 6 I was getting very mad at the powers above. The universe, mother nature and God himself I was swearing and yelling to myself. :angry5: My partner already found Silver and me clad lots of signals reading silver but digging clad. :angry4: I thought nothing loved me, God himself has turned his back on me. Well he proved me wrong once again with the great finds that came later. No one... NO ONE loves you more than God so don't get Mad at him be patient and good things will come.

Sorry but I had to go there.
GOD BLESS-

Here are some Pictures,
Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• parkgold 001.jpg
    parkgold 001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6,281
  • parkgold 002.jpg
    parkgold 002.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6,304
  • parkgold 003.jpg
    parkgold 003.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 6,253
  • parkgold 004.jpg
    parkgold 004.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6,224
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Excellent finds !

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice ring. I don't know if devine intervention has anything to do with it, but being in the the right place does. And, joining the church of research will really put you over the top.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MUD,
Congrats on your awesome banner find!!!! :thumbsup: :icon_king: :thumbsup: :icon_king: :thumbsup: :icon_king:
-MM-

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
dang that is a sweet ring!!!!!!!!

being 24K isnt it easy to bend out of shape? :coffee2:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MUD....Very well deserved!! :thumbsup:Before I leave the house today I'm saying my prayer's.Congrat's on the Banner as well.Great Find!!!!!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

The marking favor ancient South American civilzation - Mayan, Aztec...can't seem to place it. Although with a 24k stamp, I suspect it's a bit more modern.

Can we get pics of the side symbols?

Congratulations!

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet :o :o :o Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc

:o :o way to go nothing like pulling almost 900$ outa the ground...can we see pics of the sides? 24k rings are scarce...congrats on th banner

also gotta love those mercs

HH Vrent

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Amazing find, I could only hope to find something like that. As for age, in 1906 the National gold and silver marking act was formed. So I would put this beautiful ring sometime after 1906. Great find...HH....Bill

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It doesn't get any better than that!

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt

sweet ring but just imagin all the good stuff your missing out by not digging the stuff below 80 on the vdi...

i dig everything above 0 on the vdi with my mxt and have found some amazing things that would have been missed....

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Congratulations on the great finds!

What kind of place was it where they were found?

Interesting to note that rosie ID'ed as a pulltab and 24k ring as a half dollar.
That's kinda telling me the accuracy of ID meters even on quality machines.
...Guess you need to Dig 'em All to use the eyeball ID to be sure...

Would you post it over in Whatsit? to see if those sleuths can decipher the ring?
They are pretty sharp over there... (I've got one for 'em myself, today. NOT GOLD!)

HH
rmptr

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

whoa!! way to go Mud and congrats on a banner find!

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

That is one fine BEAUTIFUL gold ring !!!! :o

Has that antique appearence ...I hope you can research the design and learn its hisory !!

CONGRATS :occasion14: :headbang: :occasion14:

Derek :icon_study:

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow thanks everyone !!

Never expected to make banner with this find that's awesome. ??? ;D Yea the 24k fine gold bends real easy and is very soft. Nana all my good finds read as high 80's even wheat pennies. The IH come in lower 55-60, clad dimes are 77, pennies 76, Nickles hit 18, pulltabs 22-34 Silver dimes 80-82, Silver quarters 83-86, I have not dug any halves or dollars yet. :-\ Our ground is different so its likely the ground balance giving us different VDI's. I wish someone could tell me more about the ring. I'll post more pictures later of the sides.

Thanks again,
and special thanks to Prolab69 for taking me out to that site. Also to www.treasurenet.com staff and members.

keep @ it and HH!!

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Absolutely incredible find! Congrats on the find and making the banner! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread